We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lyon in late August

Kauai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
204 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Lyon in late August

Aloha

I am really confused about where to stay in Lyon for three nights

We are coming in on the TVG from CDG

And will leave from Lyon to Arles by train

I would like to find a hotel close to the pedestrian area or the old town

Budget max is $130 preferably a little lower

I tend to use the discount booking sights

My biggest confusion is I am not sure abut location in proximity to a 15- 20 min walk to the old town and sights of interest

Recommendations appreciated

Traveling with Aloha

the coconut wireless

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
40 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lyon in late August

Try doing a filter for your price with neighborhood part dieux. That might be rough that far in advance for next year.

Lyon, France
Destination Expert
for Lyon
Level Contributor
1,021 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lyon in late August

Bonjour,

your best option is to stay in the Presqu'Ile area of Lyon, which is an area between Rhone and Saone rivers. It's the most central location possible, you'll be at walking distance from almost all major sights (Vieux Lyon is 10-15 minutes walking distance depending where exactly you'll be staying) and the selection of hotels in this part of town is the biggest. Among others Hotel La Residence was recommended here by fellow tripadvisors on several occasions and it just fits into your budget.

Edited: 19 October 2013, 10:17
Lyon, France
Destination Expert
for Lyon
Level Contributor
3,769 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lyon in late August

Don't choose Part-Dieu area, this is definitely not a central location (and not the nicest one).

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,127 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lyon in late August

Darth_feanor's advice is spot on. We've stayed at La Residence on multiple occasions. It is well located, especially given your needs, and within your budget. Not luxurious but clean and more than adequate, and friendly management. Just don't eat breakfast there - expensive for what it is.

5. Re: Lyon in late August

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 October 2014, 06:19