We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Please recommend non-touristy Bouchon for Sunday dinner

Which Lyon hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
67 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Please recommend non-touristy Bouchon for Sunday dinner

We are stopping over for 1 day in Lyon on our way to Burgundy from Provence mainly to try regional cuisine. It happens to be Sunday so most of our first choice places seem to be closed.

The only one I could find thus far is La Gargotte (which according to yelp works sundays - can someone confirm). But we are open to your suggestions! We are yet to reserve our lodging and will do it in the proximity...

My wife is fluent in french, so lack of english is no issue.

Thanks,

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
67 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Please recommend non-touristy Bouchon for Sunday dinner

To follow-up my own post: are there any options for good Bouchon on the outskirts of Lyone? I'd like to avoid center-city traffic as much as possible.

Lyon, France
Destination Expert
for Lyon
Level Contributor
3,743 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Please recommend non-touristy Bouchon for Sunday dinner

There are no bouchons in the outskirst I'm afraid. But don't be afraid of the traffic as there is actually no traffic on a Sunday.

A good option for a Sunday lunch or dinner is Café Comptoir Abel, it is a rather upscale bouchon but still offers good bouchon specialities: try their quenelle, which is probably the best in Lyon!

Have a look:

tripadvisor.fr/Restaurant_Review-g187265-d96…

And don't miss the only Roman Church in Lyon: Abbaye d'Ainay is just a few steps from the restaurant and is definitely worth a visit.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
67 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Please recommend non-touristy Bouchon for Sunday dinner

Thanks - decieded to skip Lyon this time around, it deserves more than 1/2 day stop-over and probably better take a train into it next time

4. Re: Please recommend non-touristy Bouchon for Sunday dinner

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 May 2015, 05:15