We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vélov in Lyon - Customer Service

Which Lyon hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Tokyo, Japan
Level Contributor
1 post
13 reviews
Save Topic
Vélov in Lyon - Customer Service

I returned to Lyon after 18 months away - I lived there for nearly six years and used Vélovs the entire time.

I hired a bike again and when I got home I found I had been charged 150 EUR on my bank account. Strange as I am certain I heard the beep when I returned the bike.

Trying to get in touch to discuss the matter with Vélov is a nightmare - their phone number is an 0800 one so restricted to France - I asked a locally based friend to call and ask for their landline number - they told him it was out of the question to provide it. They did however provide an email address (contact.velov@gcdecaux.fr) which sends back an automatic failure notice.

Finally my attempts to contact them through their website (twice) have also gone unanswered.

I can't help feeling that the Vélov lyonnais really don't want to hear from foreign customers - such a shame as I imagine a city like Lyon that aspires to be an international city is let down by this poor service for what is a fun and iconic means of transport.

Very poor indeed, if you are thinking of using the service do bare in mind the evantuality that something could go wrong. In which case you may find yourself in a sticky situation like me with 150 EUR taken from your account and no way to actually find out why.

Texas
Level Contributor
1,458 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vélov in Lyon - Customer Service

I use the velo'vs a lot in Lyon, and when I emailed them a couple of times about some issue, they responded very promptly. I would go in into the tourist office on Place Bellecour and ask them for their advice (or call said office if you have left Lyon). I am wondering of the 150e is a block for a deposit. They used to do that but I thought they had stopped when I was there for a month last summer. But perhaps they have re-started.

I presume you have tried filling in and submitting the form on their website for exactly this issue - an anomalous charge?

www.velov.grandlyon.com/Contact.16.0.html

2. Re: Vélov in Lyon - Customer Service

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 May 2015, 06:17