We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant Help for Sunday and Monday Night!

Which Lyon hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
jokemaker323
Level Contributor
278 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurant Help for Sunday and Monday Night!

Hi,

I am making a second thread since this is a pretty unrelated topic. Hopefully that's okay.

Basically, what I would love to get recommendations on is for restaurants that are both really good and have a laid back and authentic atmosphere. To give an example, this restaurant looks great (tripadvisor.se/Restaurant_Review-g187265-d13…) but is sadly closed on our two nights in Lyon.

We don't want a fancy, white table cloth type restaurant that is too pricy, but rather a more casual bistro that still serves great and local food in a more fun and relaxing setting. It seems some of the smaller restaurants are closed on either Sunday or Monday (or both!) and I don't really know enough to make a good decision here, so I'd love some input if you have any.

Of course, if you have any other great recommendations for things to do there in June on a Sunday or Monday, please let me know!

Thanks again :)

Lyon, France
Destination Expert
for Lyon
Level Contributor
936 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurant Help for Sunday and Monday Night!

Your options on a Sunday night are indeed limited, but for Monday the choice is much bigger. For Monday night I might recommed you one of my local favourites - Le Comptoir d'Ainay tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g187265-… Non-touristy, very savoury and original, not extremely cheap, but not overpriced either. For Sunday you'll have to direct yourself to the more touristic parts of town. I just had a dinner last Sunday at La Nef des Fous, which is located in the Vieux Lyon area. It's a good authentic place with a set menu of 32 euros. The place has two halls, the upper is smaller and better, the lower is near the kitchen. Reservation here is a must. tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g187265-…

Edited: 27 May 2014, 14:47
Australia
Level Contributor
10 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurant Help for Sunday and Monday Night!

How did you go with your trip? We have 2 days planned in Lyon but only on Sunday and Monday. Desperate to try some great food as have heard Lyon is the best in France!

3. Re: Restaurant Help for Sunday and Monday Night!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 August 2015, 05:15