We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice on getting from Lyon Airport to Gare La Part Dieu

Johannesburg, South...
Level Contributor
62 posts
Save Topic
Advice on getting from Lyon Airport to Gare La Part Dieu

Looking for advice on getting from Lyon Airport to Gare La Part Dieu and how safe would it be to walk from Les Halles to the station at 5 in the morning?

Lyon, France
Destination Expert
for Lyon
Level Contributor
1,041 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Advice on getting from Lyon Airport to Gare La Part Dieu

You can either take a taxi or speed tram service RhonExpress - http://www.rhonexpress.fr/

Violent crime is still very rare in Lyon, so generally the walk should be safe.

London, UK
Level Contributor
7,040 posts
209 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Advice on getting from Lyon Airport to Gare La Part Dieu

The tram from the airport goes to Part Dieu station. As to safety, at 5 rhe people who are about are predominately those who start work early including some of those who work in the market and at the station. Anyone who has evil intent will be safely back home by then.

Johannesburg, South...
Level Contributor
62 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Advice on getting from Lyon Airport to Gare La Part Dieu

Thank you for your reply.

Can I catch the tram from Lyon airport and do you know the number and where to find it also the cost?

Edited: 06 June 2014, 08:08
Lyon, France
Destination Expert
for Lyon
Level Contributor
1,041 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Advice on getting from Lyon Airport to Gare La Part Dieu

It's all explained in the link I gave. The price is 15.70 one way or 27.20 round trip, a bit less if you buy in advance. The tickets are sold from the automatic ticket booths - coins or cards only if I remember correctly. But you can buy your ticket directly in the tram from the control person - in that case you pay just 1 euro extra for all your group. The RhonExpress departs from the airport TGV station, there are signs everywhere in the airport just follow them.

Edited: 06 June 2014, 12:04
Johannesburg, South...
Level Contributor
62 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Advice on getting from Lyon Airport to Gare La Part Dieu

I was looking for a cheaper alternative. A normal bus?

Thank you

Lyon, France
Destination Expert
for Lyon
Level Contributor
1,041 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Advice on getting from Lyon Airport to Gare La Part Dieu

Look in this thread from the post 17. That's doable, but requires some logistic skills tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g187265-i601-k70…

Edited: 06 June 2014, 13:39
7. Re: Advice on getting from Lyon Airport to Gare La Part Dieu

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 June 2015, 05:17