We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Snowboard/Ski Rental Shop Suggestions

Which Val d'Isere hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Portland, Oregon
5 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Snowboard/Ski Rental Shop Suggestions

Hey all!

I have a trip to Val d'Isere coming up in January and will be renting gear upon arrival for 6 days. My wife and I are experienced snowboards (15+ years) and would ideally like to rent higher quality gear. We will be bringing our own boots but will need to rent board and bindings.

I found this site online http://www.snowberry-valdisere.com but was hoping to get some suggestions/experiences from the tripadvisor community.

Thanks!

Guildford, United...
Level Contributor
2,458 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Snowboard/Ski Rental Shop Suggestions

It is generally cheaper to rent in advance with one of the major agencies - Intersport or similar. Choose the rental shop nearest to your apartment. They have a choice of equipment quality.

Middlesbrough
Level Contributor
6 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Snowboard/Ski Rental Shop Suggestions

We hired ski gear from snowberry and pre ordered online... It's a very busy shop (it was the first Sunday first week in February 2012) but I have to say despite it being a bit hectic our gear was very good quality and the service good. I found the price to be good value.. Our friends also recommended precision. Who we might try out for a change next year. Val D'Net has some good offers linked to it. Good luck.

London, United...
8 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Snowboard/Ski Rental Shop Suggestions

Snowberry is very good, so is Precision as someone else mentioned. Would stay away from Ski Republic if you want high quality stuff.

Hammamet, Tunisia
Level Contributor
1 post
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Snowboard/Ski Rental Shop Suggestions

Snowberry was very efficient, although not the cheapest, very happy to swap equipment during the week, they are situated away from the main village, but offer a pick up and return service on weekends.

5. Re: Snowboard/Ski Rental Shop Suggestions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 January 2015, 07:17