We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

When and where to fly

Anacortes...
Level Contributor
538 posts
Save Topic
When and where to fly

I am hoping to visit a friend who lives between Berlin and Amsterdam at some point before next summer. Just wondering if anyone has any ideas of cheaper travel dates and which airport might be better to fly into? Right now the flights I am seeing from Seattle average between $675-$900. Think I can find cheaper?

Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
36,132 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: When and where to fly

There are quite a number of places one can live between Berlin and Amsterdam.

There are few (2?) direct intercontinental flights to Berlin from the US.

You may want to check the travel times from the airports to the place of your friend

DB timetable

http://reiseauskunft.bahn.de/bin/query.exe/e

other airports between Berlin and Amsterdam

Wichita, Kansas
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
4,076 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: When and where to fly

Other than the airline fare, an important consideration should be the travel times and cost from the airport to a train station. It is 31 minutes from Rome Fiumicino to Roma Termini 9.50 €, 30 minutes from London-Gatwick to Victoria station 20 £, 40 minutes from Munich Flughafen to Munich Hauptbahnhof 8 €, 1 hour by bus Milan Malpensa airport to Milano Centrale station 4.50 €,.

Amsterdam Schipol, Frankfurt, Zurich and Paris Charles de Gaulle have train stations at the airport were one can get directly on a long distance train.

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Berlin
Level Contributor
19,046 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: When and where to fly

Hannover is the city-with-airport that is on a line between Amsterdam and Berlin. Bremen etc are either north or south. But depends where your friend actually lives which airport wd be best.

Anacortes...
Level Contributor
538 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: When and where to fly

She is about equal distance from both so I guess the price will be the determining factor in my choice. Any one know which months airfares are lower?

Bath, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,982 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: When and where to fly

Where specifically does your friend live? Give us a name of a town and we can give you better judgements as to where you should fly to...