We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

booking accommodation online without credit card

Manchester, United...
1 post
2 reviews
Save Topic
booking accommodation online without credit card

I need to book a hotel and have been looking at some online sites but am getting frustrated as most sites ask for credit card details. I only own an EC/Maestro card but most sites i've found don't seem to accept this - can anyone offer any advice? thanks

Stuttgart, Germany
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
7,541 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: booking accommodation online without credit card

Try www. hrs.de you switch to english at the top of screen. I have used them many times with no problems. They will only hold the room untill 6pm on day of arrival though. Have fun

Florida's west coast
Level Contributor
380 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: booking accommodation online without credit card

Dont know if you have time but you could check with your bank to see if they offer a card (even a direct debit card) that is linked with either VISA or MasterCard.

Another option might be to single out the hotel you want using the internet and contact them directly, either by email or telephone.

Bad Windsheim...
Level Contributor
50 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: booking accommodation online without credit card

Did you ever think about prepaid credit cards? Don't know if that works with them but it might be an option...

4. Re: booking accommodation online without credit card

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 October 2010, 05:16