We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help Needed for Beer Tour in October 2011

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
77 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Help Needed for Beer Tour in October 2011

I am planning on taking about 10-20 friends and beer enthusiasts on a week long beer tour of Germany.

We would start in Koln (cologne) arriving on October October 8th for Kolsch, Dusseldorf for Alt, then to Buttenheim for Keller Bier, then Bamberg, and end up in Bavaria--(Munich, Aying and Kloster Andechs) Leaving Munich on Sunday the 15th. (not looking for Oktoberfest in Munchen)

I am looking for a Bus (or Coach for you Brits) company or even someone or company that can help arrange it.

We all over 40 and mostly responsible and prefer to stay in Brewery's (I am aware of the site privatbraugasthofe)

I would appreciate any advice or references--Thanks

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Stuttgart, Baden-Wurttemberg
Level Contributor
14,362 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help Needed for Beer Tour in October 2011

If you move up your dates a little, you could visit the world's second largest beer festival, Cannstatter Volksfest ( www.cannstatter-volksfest.de ), in Stuttgart ( www.stuttgart-tourist.de ), 23Sept to 9Oct. Unlike Munich's Oktoberfest, the hotels don't double and triple their prices and maintain their same prices with a very few exceptions very close to the fairgrounds.

Both abalada and I gave you some nonspecific suggestions on your last post about getting a bus. I'm sure that there are hundreds of bus companies throughout Germany that would be happy to have your business, whether in small towns or large cities.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
77 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Help Needed for Beer Tour in October 2011

Thanks--The dates are during my Spring Break at the University that I teach at--but I love Stuttgart. My German family are Scwabes and live in the Scwabian Alb

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
77 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Help Needed for Beer Tour in October 2011

Also--I cannot find the older posts on bus tours--can you resend? Either here or to my email-- marwankreidie@yahoo.com

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Stuttgart, Baden-Wurttemberg
Level Contributor
14,362 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help Needed for Beer Tour in October 2011

Your name is a hotlink. Just click on it to see all of your past posts which is easiest, or go up to the top of the page and click on Your Trip Advisor and then Contributions.

Edited: 23 January 2011, 21:00
5. Re: Help Needed for Beer Tour in October 2011

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 January 2012, 05:30