We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

which car ????

Wales
Level Contributor
155 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
which car ????

I am driving to Bavaria in two weeks time ( from the U.K. ) and have the choice of using two vehicles both under two years old.

One is a VW Passat diesel which does around 60 m.p.g., and the other is a four wheel drive Land Rover which is fitted with winter tyres and does around 36 m.p.g. The advantages of taking the VW, are economy and the fact the car will be on home territory.

On the other hand the Land Rover will go anywhere at any time.

I know I am very unlikely to encounter snow, but is there any likliehood of ice (returning 7th. November ) or floods at that time of the year. And what are the chances of fog thick enough to enforce driving at under 50 m.p.h.

I am keeping a watch on local weather, but at the present time am still undecided on which car to take . Any help pleaase ??

1. Re: which car ????

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 October 2012, 02:17