We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Amsterdam to Basel

Sedona AZ
Level Contributor
75 posts
82 reviews
Save Topic
Amsterdam to Basel

I am picking up a cruise that leaves from Basel to Amsterdam. I will fly into Amsterdam first how do I get to Basel to pick up the cruise and is there a hotel close to the pick up point in Basel?

Thank you.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
3,853 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Amsterdam to Basel

Easyjet and KLM fly the route. Or you can take the train: consult schedules at http://www.bahn.de/i/view/USA/en/index.shtml . A train will take about 7 to 8 hours.

You can use booking.com or a similar site to research hotels. There's a map function that lets you see offerings via a map. Given that Basel is not all that big of a city, and many of the hotels are in the compact center.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Stuttgart, Baden-Wurttemberg
Level Contributor
14,557 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Amsterdam to Basel

It's probably best just to book the flight to Basel as part of your airline ticket. Then have your return be from Amsterdam.

Stuttgart, Germany
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
7,488 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Amsterdam to Basel

If you are thinking of using Easyjet work out how much baggage you will have and the cost of flying with it. With KLM you will need to book a return flight and 'miss' the return or the ticket will be extremely expensive

The is a direct train form Amsterdam Centraal station to Basle, check the prices on www.nshispeed.nl as well as the already listed www.bahn.de often one is cheaper ,though it is the same train.

For hotels also look at www.hrs.de

4. Re: Amsterdam to Basel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 June 2013, 10:19