We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Driving time from Wurtzburg to Frankfurt airport?

Calgary
Level Contributor
723 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Driving time from Wurtzburg to Frankfurt airport?

On a Monday morning in mid September we will be driving from Wurtzburg to Frankfurt to get our flight home. I know the drive is suppose to take a little over an hour but just wondering if there is any type of morning rush hour traffic that we should allow for? We need to be at the airport by 10:00 am.

Houston, TX
Level Contributor
232 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Driving time from Wurtzburg to Frankfurt airport?

I have never had any problems but then I always give myself plenty of time, but one never knows if there is an accident - if your flight leaves at 10:00AM I would leave Wuerzburg no later then 5:30 AM to be there by 7:00AM, that gives you pleanty of time to return the car if you have a rental and walk thru that huge Airport to your gate

Stuttgart, Germany
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
7,781 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Driving time from Wurtzburg to Frankfurt airport?

Is your flight at 10AM or do you need to be at the airport for 10AM. There will be heavy traffic heading to Frankfurt between 7-9am. The Autobahn also has fairly lenthy roadworks at the Wurzburg end. Sometimes I can drive that road with no problems,others I sit in a jam for an hour!

Karlsruhe, Germany
Destination Expert
for Baden-Wurttemberg
Level Contributor
10,138 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Driving time from Wurtzburg to Frankfurt airport?

The A3 around Würzburg and Frankfurt is featured in the traffic reports on the radio on a daily basis, it is indeed somehow notorious for traffic jams. It is a busy route as many people commute to the Frankfurt agglomeration for work, and is is a major route for both travellers and cargo trucks, too. Allow at least two hours, better more.

Colorado Springs...
Level Contributor
4,867 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Driving time from Wurtzburg to Frankfurt airport?

My suggestion: Rteurn your car in Wuerzburg and take the train from Wuerzburg directly to the FRA airport. Check www.bahn.de for schedlues. Enter

: from Wuerzburg Hbf. to Frankfurt Flughafen.

Calgary
Level Contributor
723 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Driving time from Wurtzburg to Frankfurt airport?

Our flight is actually at 1:30 pm so that is why we want to be at the airport to return car by 10:00. If we leave by 8:00 am do you think that should be OK?

Frankfurt
Level Contributor
543 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Driving time from Wurtzburg to Frankfurt airport?

That should be plenty of time. Most of the traffic will be after Aschaffenburg but you actually might just miss it.

7. Re: Driving time from Wurtzburg to Frankfurt airport?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 July 2013, 05:46