We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car Museum- Mercedes or BMW or Audi?

Toronto
Level Contributor
915 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Car Museum- Mercedes or BMW or Audi?

We want to visit one of the 3 car museums (Mercedes or BMW or Audi). Could you tell us please which one is more interesting?

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Stuttgart, Baden-Wurttemberg
Level Contributor
14,451 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Car Museum- Mercedes or BMW or Audi?

I can't imagine a better car museum than the Mercedes Benz one in Stuttgart. It simply is a world-class museum, this one dealing with cars. It has 160 vehicles documenting the over 125 year history of the automobile and this firm. As you spiral down the eight floors of the museum there is an interesting time line on the wall of major world events since the invention of the automobile. There are Mercedes through the years, car improvements, racing and record setting cars, a variety of trucks and buses some of which you can enter, cars used or driven by famous people such as the Popemobile, and cars of the future. There are interactive displays, films such as the one on the use of forced labor in the plants during WW-II, and the building is architecturally interesting in itself and worth visiting for that alone. In the basement you can see all current Mercedes cars, there is a large gift shop, and you can sit in a F-1 racer with one side cut out for easy entry and have your picture taken.

This museum is simply loved by all visitors irregardless of their age, gender, or whether they particularly like automobiles or not. I've visited it 6-8 times and never tire of revisiting as I can always find new things to see and enjoy again the old.

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
1,209 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Car Museum- Mercedes or BMW or Audi?

Haven't been to the BMW or Audi museums but we spent on to 4 hours wandering through the Mercedes museum. Absolutely fascinating, they have everything imaginable powered by a motor. My favorite exibit wasn't even an auto, it was the diesel powered aircraft engine developed near the end of WWII. Even had a nice restaurant for lunch and beer, we will go again.

Portland, Oregon USA
Level Contributor
2,654 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Car Museum- Mercedes or BMW or Audi?

I've visited the Audi museum in Ingolstadt, the Mercedes and Porsche museums in Stuttgart and the VW complex at Wolfsburg.

If I had to choose one, it would be the Mercedes museum.

Toronto
Level Contributor
915 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Car Museum- Mercedes or BMW or Audi?

Thank you all for replies! Will strongly consider Mercedes museum!

5. Re: Car Museum- Mercedes or BMW or Audi?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 July 2013, 10:16