We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels in Frankfurt

New York
Level Contributor
526 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Hotels in Frankfurt

Has anyone stayed at any of below hotels in Frankfurt ?/

Hotel Hoechster Hof in Hochst

or Hotel Excelsior Frankfurt am Main

We are seniors but will have a rental car...any other reccommendations would be appreciated for our early December stay within above Hotel's price ranges.

Thanks

Frankfurt, Germany
Level Contributor
21 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotels in Frankfurt

Hotel Excelsior is directly at the main train station, Höchster Hof is a little outside.

Look in the internet and you find a lot of hotels around the train station and near the city city...

Frankfurt
Destination Expert
for Frankfurt
Level Contributor
5,810 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotels in Frankfurt

Hotel Excelsior is right outside of the South Exit to the main train station. Nice amenities, like free breakfast, free mini-bar, free wi-fi and they usually have free snacks and coffee in the lobby all day long. Has a quaint sort of old world feel to it.

The biggest plus about the Hoechster Hof is its location. The neighborhood is wonderful, with lots of cobblestone lanes and half-timbered buildings. One of the secret gems of Frankfurt. The hotel is right on the river, so I think I would ask for a room with a view. Lots of great restaurants at the Schloss platz, and the Bolongaro palace is also right next door. Hoescht also has one of the oldest churches in Germany, the Justinus church, consecrated in 850 and used as a church continuously since then. Beautiful Carolingen architecture and a lovely baroque organ.

If it was me, I think I would choose Hoechst, unless you want to be in the middle of Frankfurt to visit museums, etc. though the S-bahn to the main train station only takes 10 min.

Brisbane, Australia
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotels in Frankfurt

We stayed at the "hof" in June this year and it is excellent right opposite the underground easy to access staff fantastic and service is the best we,experienced in Europe over a 5 week period including big name hotels in Venice. You will love this hotel,

Frankfurt
Destination Expert
for Frankfurt
Level Contributor
5,810 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotels in Frankfurt

The Hesssicher Hof is not anywhere close to the price per night wishes of the OP. Lovely hotel, but certainly not budget, which is what the Excelsior and Hoechster Hof Hotels are.

New York
Level Contributor
526 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotels in Frankfurt

Please advise which "Hof" Hotel you stayed at...

There are 2 different ones..Hessicher Hof...out of our price range

and Hoechster Hof within our budget...

We are inquiring about the latter

Thanks

New York
Level Contributor
526 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotels in Frankfurt

Thank you...some of the reviews were old , says no wifi and hotel was "outdated"

we are traveling with two hearing impaired adults & free wifi is a necessity for communication.

checked some other site reviews & says wifi, don't know which site is correct

Frankfurt
Destination Expert
for Frankfurt
Level Contributor
5,810 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotels in Frankfurt

I clicked on their name and read the review that Sharron wrote, which was for the Hessicher Hof.

The website for the Hoechster Hof says free wi-fi in every room. Send them an email to be sure.

New York
Level Contributor
526 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotels in Frankfurt

you are the best..thank you so much..

the hessicher hof is not in my price range..

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
2,449 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotels in Frankfurt

Having a rental car in Frankfurt is no plus. Parking on the street in Frankfurt is very difficult to find and in garages is expensive. When I have a rental car, I stay outside of town and take public transportation in. I leave the car at the hotel (usually free if in a suburb or village) or park at a park and ride.

New York
Level Contributor
526 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hotels in Frankfurt

thanks all