We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Blauworld

MA
Destination Expert
for New England
Level Contributor
6,497 posts
206 reviews
Save Topic
Blauworld

Trying to figure out what went wrong. This summer I bought a Blauworld SIM card for my unlocked phone. I chose it because it was reasonably priced and advertises itself as the "call home" card. I basically needed it for our weeklong trip to be able to call my spouse, since he was at a conference during the day while we were sightseeing and he has a mobile with a US number. After I used up the 10 euro that was preloaded on it, I attempted to top it off online according to the instructions, but the website refused to accept my credit card and gave me a message in German that said, basically, my credit card is unacceptable as it was issued by a foreign bank. I then called the customer service number on the hotel phone and explained the problem as best I could in my basic German, and asked if there was anyone there who spoke English. The representative said no, Blauworld is a German company and there were no customer service people who speak English. I tried again to explain the problem, but she said she could not help me and hung up. So, for future reference, does anyone have any idea why my credit card wouldn't work to top up the card? I have done it in prior years in the UK, Sweden and Netherlands (with different companies) with no problem.

Gambrills, MD
Destination Expert
for Fussen
Level Contributor
3,195 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Blauworld

How bizarre. I used a credit card issued in the U.S. two years ago to top off a Blauworld card and had no problems. The website doesn't say anything about the origin of the credit card for online topping off - I just checked. Wonder what the problem was.

MA
Destination Expert
for New England
Level Contributor
6,497 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Blauworld

No, it doesn't. I thought I may have a problem using the card in shops because of the chip and pin issue, but the couple times I used it, it was fine. The only problem was this one online transaction. I was just curious if anyone else had this problem with Blauworld and knew why it happened.

Ottawa, Ontario...
Level Contributor
4 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Blauworld

I hate them. I bought that same card with the ten euro credit that promises 5 cent text messages home. After about 20 messages, my credit is down to 2 Euros. Of course there is no Blauworld shop inBerlin and Ican't manage to speak with customer service in German. Harrumph.

4. Re: Blauworld

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 January 2013, 11:40
Edited: 20 January 2013, 11:40
5. Re: Blauworld

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 January 2013, 11:40
Ottawa, Ontario...
Level Contributor
4 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Blauworld

Thanks,Ralf - there was certainly no mention of roaming. Guess I should have asked. Better luck next time.

7. Re: Blauworld

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

Removed on: 16 December 2013, 20:16