We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel from Berlin

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
115 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Travel from Berlin

I am staying in Berlin for three nights in June 2013. I am then going onwards to Verona by train, I was going to break my journey up by staying a night in Munich but the hotels in the centre are so expensive I am now thinking to stay in another town can anybody recommend a route I can take, I need to be able to catch a train direct to Verona from wherever I am staying.

Thank you for your help.

Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
36,940 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel from Berlin

This night train arrives at 2:37 in Verona. What the hell want you do at this time in Verona?

Better would be a night train from Berlin to Munich. And a day time train through the Alps to Verona.

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
115 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel from Berlin

Sorry did not explain myself very well I am going to stay three days in Berlin I was going to get the 9.30am train to Munich but I found the hotels so expensive I wanted to know if there was another route to Verona which did not involve staying in Munich, but would allow me to get a daytime train to Verona

Gambrills, MD
Destination Expert
for Fussen
Level Contributor
3,000 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel from Berlin

Abalada's suggestion of taking a night train from Berlin to Munich is a good one. You could sleep on the train and then take the day train from Munich to Verona without worrying about spending the night in Munich.

You could also stay in a hostel in Munich, or in one of the smaller towns outside Munich, which would be less expensive. Give us an idea of your budget and perhaps someone can give more ideas.

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
115 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travel from Berlin

Thank you again for everybodys help. I am hoping I dont have to spend anymore than £85.00 per night for a room, I dont really want to do the night train since I am travelling on my own I would prefere to stay in a hotel for the night.

Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
36,940 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Travel from Berlin

What are you interested in. You could interrupt your journey before Munich. Means however for the ride to Verona to change trains in Munich. E.g. Bamberg

http://www.bamberg.info/en/

Or travel beyond Munich and stay somewhere in the Alps.

Mittenwald is one of the nicest towns in the Alps. And the route Munich - Mittenwald - Innsbruck (change there for direct trains to Verona) is the most scenic option on this route.

www.alpenwelt-karwendel.de/en/mittenwald

eisenbahnen.at/bilderalben/karwendelbahn.sht…

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
115 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Travel from Berlin

Hi Abalada

Thank you for the Innsbruck suggestion I think that is a great idea and I am going to look into doing that route.

7. Re: Travel from Berlin

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 December 2013, 05:15