We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Calling All Experts - Expert Advice Needed

miami, florida
Level Contributor
194 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Calling All Experts - Expert Advice Needed

Planning a three week trip mainly to Germany and Prague for May 2013. I have done my research and these are the places I am interested in seeing using trains and driving: Berlin, Rhine Valley (Bacharach), Mossel Valley (Cochem & Burg Eltz), Rothenburg, Munich, Fussen (2 castles), Salzburg and maybe Innsbruck. We will be flying from Miami, Florida. At this point I need to decide our flights and the best route to see these cities/towns. I am thinking we can fly in or out of Frankfurt and fly in our out of Berlin or Prague. What are your suggestions? Most of these cities/towns don' t require more than one night, so I am not sure if it would be best to base ourselves in one city and do some day trips. For example the Rhine and Mossel Valley - where I would be interested in staying in Bacharach and/or Cochem. This might sound like alot, but we like to wake up early and stay out til late. We do not like to visit every museum, so we have selected just a few and we tend to see the main points of interest. We prefer to walk the towns, mingle with the locals and enjoy good food and drinks.

Sorry for the long posting, but just your input on the routing logistics and best mode of transportation to each would be greatly appreciated.

Stuttgart, Germany
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
7,390 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Calling All Experts - Expert Advice Needed

I would fly into Frankfurt, take a train to Mainz for the night and rent a car the next day. Tour the Rhein and Mosel and then see Rothenburg and Fussen. From Fussen drive the alpine road to Freilassing and drop the car(still in Germany) From there it is only a few miles to Salzburg. Then take the train to Munich,Prague and fly home out of Berlin,though you will probably have to go through Frankfurt or another European hub

2. Re: Calling All Experts - Expert Advice Needed

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 January 2014, 06:16