We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any recommendations for where to stay at Christmas

Kent, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
581 posts
125 reviews
Save Topic
Any recommendations for where to stay at Christmas

We went to Prague this year and looking for something similar, anyone have any suggestions?

Chula Vista...
Level Contributor
2,617 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Any recommendations for where to stay at Christmas

I know that this is the Germany forum, but my vote would be for Vienna.

I went to Würzburg, Munich, and Vienna in early December to check out their Christmas markets and visit family and a friend. Vienna was by far the most magical of the three in terms of decorations and having a Christmas feel to it.

greeley, CO
Level Contributor
2,700 posts
464 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Any recommendations for where to stay at Christmas

Rothenburg

Salzburg

Kent, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
581 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Any recommendations for where to stay at Christmas

Thank you, shame there isn't a general Europe board, but will look at all options.

Bautzen, Germany
Level Contributor
814 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Any recommendations for where to stay at Christmas

Similar to Prague, i.e. a perfectly preserved large city? Not possible in Germany, and in German-speaking Europe only Vienna comes to mind. Small towns, something like Prague in small, however exist everywhere in Germany. Goslar, Quedlinburg, Erfurt, Weimar, Görlitz or Bamberg for example. But during Christmas they are *very*(!) quiet.

You could spend your time in Berlin, which is however the polar opposite of Prague.

Kent, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
581 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Any recommendations for where to stay at Christmas

Thank you for your advice.

6. Re: Any recommendations for where to stay at Christmas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 February 2014, 06:17