We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Landsburg am lech

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
154 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Landsburg am lech

We will be in Bavaria this December for the Xmas markets and was wondering if landsburg has them and if so are they worth a day journey from Munich?

Chula Vista...
Level Contributor
2,617 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Landsburg am lech

Hi,

It appears that they will from a quick Google search:

weihnachtsmaerkte-in-deutschland.de/christki…

Here's a site that lists many of the Christmas markets in Germany:

http://www.germany-christmas-market.org.uk/

Last year, I went to Christmas markets in Schwäbisch-Hall, Würzburg, and Munich and found the smaller ones to be more enjoyable.

Zed

München
Level Contributor
488 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Landsburg am lech

Yes Landsberg has one and this will be the date for this year: 29. November 2013 - 22. Dezember 2013

and yes it is worth it

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
154 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Landsburg am lech

Thanks for your reply Zed, we too found the smaller ones very fun. I love the link you sent and will print it out

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
154 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Landsburg am lech

Thanks Susi! We will give it a go!

Colorado Springs...
Level Contributor
4,867 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Landsburg am lech

You did notice, I assume, that the town is called Landsberg am Lech. Just to make sure you get the correct info.

Plattsmouth Ne
Level Contributor
341 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Landsburg am lech

Yes Landsberg has a Christmas Market, and yes it is well worth a daytrip from Munich. As a major forum poster recently observed, Landsberg is a hidden gem. I lived in Landsberg for several years in the later 1950's and currently take yearly vactions there.

Caution!

Yes the official name of the town is Landsberg am Lech; Lech is the name of the river that flows through Landsberg, but in postings to the Forum, the word Lech appears in blue type. Clicking on this blue Lech will take the viewer to a town in Austria which has nothing to do with the Bavarian town of Landsberg. Don't be confused.

7. Re: Landsburg am lech

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 April 2014, 06:18