We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

help with schedule in Dusseldorf and Cologne

Kuwait City, Kuwait
Level Contributor
633 posts
Save Topic
help with schedule in Dusseldorf and Cologne

Hello,

I will stay in Swissotel in Neuss for 4 nights and I need help with my schedule in the first 2 days:

I have decided to visit these places in Dusseldorf in one day:

1-Rhine embankment promenade

2-Königsallee "Kö"

3-MedienHafen. could you tell me admission fees and opening hours??

4-Hofgarten. could you tell me admission fees and opening hours??

Back to my hotel in Neuss

I will use public transportation

could you tell me the best order of visiting these places. I will visit these places on Saturday.

in Cologne also I will visit this city in one day:

1-THE OLD TOWN

2-THE COLOGNE CATHEDRAL

3-ZOO.could you tell me admission fees and opening hours??

4-cable car. Can I use single ride or I have to use return ride???

5-Chocolate Museum.could you tell me admission fees and opening hours??

Back to my hotel in Neuss

I will use public transportation

could you tell me the best order of visiting these places. I will visit these places on Sunday.

Mentioned in this post
Cologne
Cologne
North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany
Kuwait City, Kuwait
Level Contributor
633 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: help with schedule in Dusseldorf and Cologne

Could you please help me with that

Thanks

Dormagen, Germany
Level Contributor
28 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: help with schedule in Dusseldorf and Cologne

Hello,

I would suggest you should visit these places in the following order:

Düsseldorf:

Use the surburban train at "Neuss Rheinpark-Center" station "S8, S11, or S28" to Düsseldorf "Hauptbahnhof". Leave the train at "Düsseldorf Hauptbahnhof" and change to the U-Bahn/Tram (Underground station under the Hauptbahnhof). Use the Lines U75 (direction Neuss HBF), U76 (direction "Krefeld"), U77 (direction "Am Seestern), U78 (direction "Messe") or U79 (direction "Duisburg"). Leave the U-Bahn at the station "Steinstr./Königsallee" (also in the underground) and use the exit "Königsallee". Now you are directly at the "Königsallee".

When you walk along the Königsallee (stores on the right), you can enter at the end the "Hofgarten" (Attention ! in the moment there are many construction sites) You have to walk through these contruction sites to enter the Hofgarten. There is no admisson fee for the Hofgarten. Everything is open.

After that, you can walk through the old town to reach the Rhine embankment promenade.

Walk along the promenade in the direction of the Rhine Tower (Fernmeldeturm). Right behind the Rhine Tower is the "Medien Hafen" there is also noe adission fee for the "Medien Hafen". If you want to visit the Rhine Tower, You have to pay 4,- Euros per adult, 2,30 € per children up to 12 years and 3,20 Euro per teenager up to 18 years.

In the end you can walk from "Medien Hafen/Rhine Tower" the surburban S-bahn station "Düsseldorf-Völklingerstrasse" or "Düsseldorf-Hamm" an catch the S-Bahn S8, S11 or S28, back to "Neuss-Rheinpark-Center". You can also use the Tram Line 709 from the tram station "Landtag/Kniebrücke" or "Stadttor" direction "Neuss-Theodor-Heuss-Platz".

Köln:

Use the surburban train at "Neuss Rheinpark-Center" station "S11" direction "Bergisch-Gladbach". Leave the train at "Köln Hauptbahnhof". The Cologne Cathedral "Kölner Dom" is right beside the "Hauptbahnhof".

From the Cathedral, you can wolk to the old town, or you can use the U-Bahn (Line 5) to the station "Rathaus". Leave the train at this station (end of the line, and it is only one station from the Hauptbahnhof). Now you are in the old town (Altstadt).

After that you can go to the chocolate museum (Schokoladenmuseum). There is a train (not on rails) "SCHOKO-Express" to the chocolate museum. The "train" goes every 30 minutes from the "station" Kölner Dom - Burgmauer (right beneath the "KölnTourismus"). The ride is going throug the old town. The admisson fee for the chocolate museum is 8,50 Euros per adult. Family Card is possible: two adults and two children up to 16 years 24,- Euros. Opening hours on sundays are 11:00 - 19:00 h.

After that you have to return to the Hauptbahnhof. You can catch the U-Bahn line U 18 direction "Thielenbruch". You have to leave the train at the station "Zoo/Flora" (This is the first station overground).

The admisson fee for the Zoo is 17,50 Euros per adult and 8,50 Euros for children 4-12 years. The opening hours for the zoo are 9:00-18:00 h (If you are in time trouble, do the zoo first and the chocolate nuseum later).

The cable car is right beside the zoo, on the other side of the U-bahn station "Zoo/Flora". I would recommend a return trip, otherwise you have to walk back over the "Zoobrücke". The admission fee for the cable car is for a return trip 6,50 Euros per adult and 3,70 E per children 4-12 years. The opening hours are 10:00 - 18:00 h (- 17:45 h for a return trip).

After that you catch the next U-Bahn line "18" direction to "Bonn HBF or Brühl Mitte" at the station "Zoo/Flora" and leave the train at the station "Dom/Hauptbahnhof" or "Breslauer Platz". "Breslauer Platz" is better, because it is closer to the track at the Hauptbahnhof, where you can catch the "S11" train back to "Neuss-Rheinpark-Center". (Use the S11 train direction "Düsseldorf Flughafen").

I hope, this is helpful for you.

Kuwait City, Kuwait
Level Contributor
633 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: help with schedule in Dusseldorf and Cologne

Thank you very much

That's helps a lot

But I have question is the cologne zoo and Chocolate museum worth to visit?? Or you advise me to visit other places in Cologne??

Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Cologne
Cologne
North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany
Dormagen, Germany
Level Contributor
28 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: help with schedule in Dusseldorf and Cologne

Both is worth to visit !! You have to plan for each at least 2 hours (for the zoo better more). It depends on the weather. If it is a rainy day, I would skip the zoo.

Kuwait City, Kuwait
Level Contributor
633 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: help with schedule in Dusseldorf and Cologne

Ok thank you very much

That's really helpful

Thank you for your patient and your kind

Thanks

6. Re: help with schedule in Dusseldorf and Cologne

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 April 2014, 06:17