We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Driving through southern Germany

Vancouver, British...
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Driving through southern Germany

We have about a week to drive around Germany. I have only ever spent time in the northwest and have spent time in Berlin. I would like to explore the south a little and work our way up north to a family reunion near Kiel.

Any suggestions of a route as we work our way up. We have a 12 year old boy. We will arrive by train from Paris, and I also am open as to where we best begin, and rent a car. Munich?

Stuttgart, Germany
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
7,691 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Driving through southern Germany

As the trains come via Stuttgart why not pick up there, then you can see the Black Forrest,Lake Constance and make your way East. If your son is interested in cars then a few hours in the Mercedes museum in Stuttgart might go down well.

Car rental will be cheaper by 20% if you do not pick up in the main station or airport. There will be offices a few mins walk from the station

2. Re: Driving through southern Germany

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 April 2014, 05:17