We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

6-day travel in the Bavarian region

Manila, Philippines
1 post
Save Topic
6-day travel in the Bavarian region

Planning a trip to Germany in January 2014. Would like to see Munich and nearby points of interest while seeing Austria and some nearby parts of the Swiss Alps in between. What is the best way to get around and what would be the must-see places for a 6-day vacation? ?.

Chula Vista...
Level Contributor
2,617 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 6-day travel in the Bavarian region

Hi,

When I initially read your question, I thought you wanted to see parts of Munich, Austria, and Switzerland in 6 days, but on re-reading it, I'm not sure. Are you spending time in Austria before Munich, 6 days in Munich, and then time in Switzerland after Munich (or vice versa)?

If you only have 6 days for it all, then you won't have enough time. Munich itself warrants 3-5 days. To get to Switzerland from Munich will consume half a day (6 hours to Zürich) on a train each way (assuming you have to return to Munich).

I would recommend 3 nights in Munich; 1 or 2 nights in Salzburg, and the remaining time either in the Berchtesgaden area of Germany or the Salzkammergut region of Austria (Bad Ischl, Hallstatt, Gmunden).

Zed

2. Re: 6-day travel in the Bavarian region

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 July 2014, 06:17