We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Warnemunde to Berlin

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
10 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Warnemunde to Berlin

We are on a cruise docking at 7 am and departing at 9 pm. What options do we have to visit Berlin. I checked the trains and we only get 4 hours to spend in Berlin. Please help.

Colorado Springs...
Level Contributor
4,867 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Warnemunde to Berlin

I suggest you look up the topic in the "Search" feature on this board. There is a wealth of opinions as well as todo/not to do advise. We skipped Berlin and instead took a day trip on our own to Luebeck, and loved it. Keep in mind, unless you take the ship's tour, the ship will mot wait for you if you return late.

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
10 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Warnemunde to Berlin

How did you get there?

What is there to see in Luebeck?

Bautzen, Germany
Level Contributor
814 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Warnemunde to Berlin

Lübeck is a mostly preserved medieval city, the former head of the Hanseatic League, the "mother" of Brick Gothic and a World Heritage Site. Similar cities close to Warnemünde are Wismar and Stralsund. Another popular city for a day trip from Warnemünde is Schwerin, the former capital of the duchy of Mecklenburg with a preserved old town and a beautiful castle, which can be done in combination with Wismar.

You can do these trips by train for less than 30€ if you use a Länderticket:

bahn.com/i/…laender-ticket.shtml

I recommend to read a few posts in the Warnemünde forum:

tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g187364-i5488-Warn…

4. Re: Warnemunde to Berlin

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 August 2014, 06:17