We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Floodings - train from Frankfurt to Berlin

new jersey
Level Contributor
347 posts
97 reviews
Save Topic
Floodings - train from Frankfurt to Berlin

Someone had advised me of the situation with the floodings and that my train from Frankfurt to Berlin could have delays. I will also be traveling by train from Frankfurt to Nuremberg and Frankfurt and Rhine Valley. I will be traveling last week of Sept thru 1st week of October. Will it effect me by then?

Thank you.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
219 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Floodings - train from Frankfurt to Berlin

There's always track work going on BUT I'm not aware of any issues Frankfurt to Berlin or Frankfurt to Nuremberg.

Flooding did cause delays and some interruptions in June, west of Berlin, on routes such as Berlin to Cologne (through Magdeburg) but those issues should be gone.

Mannheim, Germany
Destination Expert
for Zurich, Mannheim
Level Contributor
14,046 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Floodings - train from Frankfurt to Berlin

Since the flood damaged rail line stretch is near Berlin there is nothing affecting anything in your plans now or then.

new jersey
Level Contributor
347 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Floodings - train from Frankfurt to Berlin

Thank you for your replies!

Karlsruhe, Germany
Destination Expert
for Baden-Wurttemberg
Level Contributor
10,329 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Floodings - train from Frankfurt to Berlin

The line Frankfurt to Berlin is affected (one bridge is still closed because of flood damage so trains have to take a detour, as far as I know repair works will take until about November), but if you look up train schedules for your travel dates you will be shown the connections as they are really running, updated according to detours and such.

new jersey
Level Contributor
347 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Floodings - train from Frankfurt to Berlin

Thank you BlandineForberg- I didn't think to look up the train - Rail Europe does not show the 'delay' but Bahn does (45 minutes) longer. It is a morning train so we'll get a nice rest for our 1 and 1/2 day whirlwind of Berlin!

6. Re: Floodings - train from Frankfurt to Berlin

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 August 2014, 05:18