We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

db Bahn

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
201 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
db Bahn

Hi Two couples will be travelling from Venice to Zurich by train via Lake Como where we plan to stay for a couple of days.

Can we use this DB Bahn for this trip?

Can someone please explain how it works.

Thanks

Frankfurt, Germany
Level Contributor
5,134 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: db Bahn

You can look up trains and connections but as you are not travelling through Germany, you can't but tickets online for this trip on bahn.de

Use www.trenitalia.com or www.sbb.ch

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
201 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: db Bahn

Thankyou - I will take a look.

Mumbai
Level Contributor
31 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: db Bahn

Hi, I am traveling from Koln Hbf (15:43) to Amsterdam Schipol Airport (19:42) on 28th June. The fare if you buy now is Euro19. There are two change overs in between. One at Aachen Hbf and another at Heerlen. At Heerlen station there is only 9 minutes to connect between the in-coming train from Aachen at platform-1 to the one leaving for Schipol from platform-5. If one misses the connection, the next train from Heerlen to Schipol is in another 30 min.

My question is in case one misses the connection can one take the next train from Heerlen to Schipol with the same ticket without paying anything extra?

Regards,

Ray

Mumbai
Level Contributor
31 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: db Bahn

I can buy the ticket. That's not a problem. the ticket is from Cologne (Koln) in Germany to Schipol airport in Amsterdam.

Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
36,201 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: db Bahn

It would be better to open a new topic as your question is not related to the original question of this topic at all.

The answer to your question is however: yes

Mumbai
Level Contributor
31 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: db Bahn

Thanks!! Indeed should have started a new topic. Sorry about that.

7. Re: db Bahn

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 May 2015, 05:16