We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gift to take host family/Sons future in laws from Mi

Westland, Michigan
1 post
Save Topic
Gift to take host family/Sons future in laws from Mi

Hello I'm in need of ideas for a gift to take to Germany with me for my future daughter in laws parents/family, my son is getting married in Berlin and my lovely future daughter (in law)'s parents have offered for me to stay with them during my visit. This will be our first meeting and also my first time overseas. We're from Michigan and I would like something nice from here.

Any and all ideas will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Mentioned in this post
Germany
Germany
Europe
Berlin
Berlin
Germany
sydney
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
19,228 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Gift to take host family/Sons future in laws from Mi

Have you asked yur future DiL? I'm certain she would be able to suggest something appropriate

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
34,151 posts
597 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Gift to take host family/Sons future in laws from Mi

If you want it to be a surprise to your daughter in law and her folks I would suggest asking your son and let him decide on the gift.

Shanghai, China
Level Contributor
9,177 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Gift to take host family/Sons future in laws from Mi

How about a nice package of Chinook Salmon (though not from your region, but it's not too easy to get in Germany) and a nice bottle of Michigan white wine (e.g. the 2012 Chateau Fontaine Pinot Blanc) and for your father in law a bottle of premium Michigan spirit.

Mentioned in this post
Germany
Germany
Europe
4. Re: Gift to take host family/Sons future in laws from Mi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 February 2015, 05:19