We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

DB BAHN - Fares not available?

Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
15 posts
131 reviews
Save Topic
DB BAHN - Fares not available?

Hi! I was hoping to buy one ticket from Copenhagen to Berlin (ICE) for June 2nd on the DB BAHN website. However, it's been several days since I keep receiving the dreadful "Fares not available" message everytime I search for that train. I was thinking it had something to do with the route, but strangely, that very same Copenhagen-Berlin train (ICE) has available fares on previous dates.

I know that I can request a price, but unfortunately, the only available option to receive my tickets is by mail (I live in South America, so it's sort of impossible).

Could someone please tell me if I can hope that the fares will become available in the next few days? If not, what do you suggest?

Thank you all in advance!

Best Seller
Royal Castles of Neuschwanstein and...
4,005 reviews
from US$67.10*
Best Seller
Neuschwanstein Castle Small-Group Day...
1,728 reviews
from US$60.90*
Best Seller
Dachau Concentration Camp Memorial...
2,115 reviews
from US$34.80*
Salzburg Small Group Day Tour from...
1,357 reviews
from US$58.40*
Mannheim, Germany
Destination Expert
for Zurich, Mannheim
Level Contributor
13,986 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: DB BAHN - Fares not available?

Why is it impossible to receive post in South America? Does Argentina not have a functioning post service? Otherwise Its 3,50 for post fees to anywhere.

I assume the Danish railway has not released their side of data yet - or that your computer has some error in the cookie it saved from DB. Delete the cookies and try again in a few days. If worst come to worst you will have to

buy on the day of travel and pay standard fare.

Munich, Germany
Level Contributor
4,335 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: DB BAHN - Fares not available?

This is because it's an international train. These fares are never available online - after all, the Danish railway company might increase its fares by 20 Cents or so, and then the amount displayed would no longer be correct. Disaster! So the DB website won't give any fares at all.

If you call them, they can look it up for you, though. Or try the website of the Danish rail company, maybe they can give you international fares.

Hamburg, Germany
Level Contributor
1,338 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: DB BAHN - Fares not available?

"This is because it's an international train. These fares are never available online - after all, the Danish railway company might increase its fares by 20 Cents or so, and then the amount displayed would no longer be correct. Disaster! So the DB website won't give any fares at all."

What utter nonsense is that?

If you look up a train Copenhagen - Berlin for e.g. 31st May you can book online for that leg.

Cannot answer the question but it may have something to do with what we call the "small time table change" which is normally sometime in June so sometimes not all info is available and confirmed even if you get a timetable etc. displayed.

I'd contact DB through their website or if you are on facebook or twitter, they have pages there and are usually pretty good in answering queries.

Edited: 06 March 2014, 08:41
Hamburg, Germany
Level Contributor
1,338 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: DB BAHN - Fares not available?

P.S.

"Or try the website of the Danish rail company, maybe they can give you international fares."

DSB redirects to Deutsche Bahn for such journeys so no help to look there.

Actually on that website timetables are just displayed till end of May when you inquire.

Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
15 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: DB BAHN - Fares not available?

Thank you all for your kind answers.

Fortunately, fares are now available. I e-mailed DH BAHN, and they promptly replied. Apparently, the delay was due to the uncertainty of the travel time (there is some construction work on this route).

6. Re: DB BAHN - Fares not available?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 March 2015, 06:18