We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Our family travel plan to Germany, Austria, Croatia in 2015

Bhubaneswar, India
Level Contributor
1 post
38 reviews
Save Topic
Our family travel plan to Germany, Austria, Croatia in 2015

10th March, 2014

Dear Friend,

I have been using your services since 2010 for our family travel/ accommodation needs and I have earlier told you how pleased I am.

Next year (2015), I am planning a visit, as per the tentative program given below, with my family (my wife, my son and my daughter-in-law – 4 persons):

End July 2015: Fly to Munich, proceed by train to Mittenwald (Germany) and stay for 4 nights. Then take a train to Pertisau, Austria and spend 6 nights. Then a take a train to Zagreb (Croatia) and then a bus to the Plitvice lake. Stay there for 3 nights. Then travel to a coastal town/ village of Croatia and spend 3 nights. Proceed to Zagreb and stay there for 6 nights. Fly back home (New Delhi, India). Total night halts – 22. Here is what assistance/ advice I request from you:

1. Between end July and August, when is the cheapest period for accommodation in apartments (for 4 persons)?

2. When is the earliest I can book apartments in the designated places?

3. Can you suggest an affordable but picturesque coastal town/ village in Croatia, not too far from Zagreb, preferably between the Plitvice lakes and Zagreb?

4. Can we get locally grown fruit during this period? What varieties?

Thanks for your time.

GB Mukherji

A senior citizen living in India.

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Our family travel plan to Germany, Austria, Croatia in 2015

You should post your questions in the relevant destination forums.

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ForumHome

Support Forum is for asking general questions on how to use TripAdvisor website, how to find things on it and how to use its many features.

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
1,954 posts
TripAdvisor Staff  
Save Reply
2. Re: Our family travel plan to Germany, Austria, Croatia in 2015

Dear GBMukherji,

I noticed that you inadvertently posted your question on the TripAdvisor Support forums, so I have moved the topic on your behalf to the Germany forums. I hope you find the information you need to plan your upcoming travels.

Kind regards,

TA_Jane

TripAdvisor Support Team

sydney
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
18,964 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Our family travel plan to Germany, Austria, Croatia in 2015

Hello GB Mukherji and welcome to TA

what you may not know (and judgingby your first and last sentence, you dont) is that trip advisor is not a travel agency - it is a community of travellers who help others - we can make recommendations etc based on our knowledge of places etc but we do not do your research for you. You can find most of the answers to your questions by searching on the relevant forums.

You should make use of the search function the search box (directly above your post on this page and at the top of the list of topics on each forum front page) will be your new best friend - use this function like a google search - key words & phrases - you'll get to all previous posts on that topic

while you're using the search box - look for trip reports (aka JBRs - just back reports) - I find these the best source of info when I start to plan a trip to a new destination.

4. Re: Our family travel plan to Germany, Austria, Croatia in 2015

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 March 2015, 04:19