We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
Coconut Creek...
Level Contributor
25 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Horsebackridning in Bavaria Alps, Germany

I am traveling to the alps in June with my 2 teenagers and they would like to go horsebackriding.

Any suggestions. We will be in Ruthenberg, Garmish-Partenkirchen and Fussen area.,

Colorado Springs...
Level Contributor
4,867 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Horsebackridning in Bavaria Alps, Germany

Go to the Internet and look up "Reitschulen" for the places you plan to visit. Are you sure that you are planning to visit Rutenberg? This is a small town close to Prenzlau in North-East Germany, some 50km west of the Polish border. I suspect the town you list as on your itinerary is called Rothenburg o.T. (ob der Tauber) on the Romantic Road, n Bavaria and about 3hrs drive north of Fuessen.

Coconut Creek...
Level Contributor
25 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Horsebackridning in Bavaria Alps, Germany

we are driving the romantic road all the way to Fussen.

Thank you very much!

Colorado Springs...
Level Contributor
4,867 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Horsebackridning in Bavaria Alps, Germany

One suggestion: On the drive from Landsberg/Lech to Fuessen, in Steingaden follow the signs for a detour to the Wieskirche. The road goess of to the left, sort of in the middle/north end of the little town. The Wies is a bueatiful piece of Bavarian baroque church architecture, situated in meadows, with great views of the Fuessen alps. The church is (or was in my time) dedicated to the youth. While there, ask in the Gasthaus/Farm if they have/know of riding opportunities for you teens.It is only about 20km from Fuessen.

Also, after leaving Rothenburg, give yourself enough time for a visit to Dinkelsbuehl. I personally prefer it over R. It's less touristy.

München
Level Contributor
488 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Horsebackridning in Bavaria Alps, Germany

Hi,

there are horsebackriding schools in bavaria, but most of them want, that you have lessons before you can go out in the countryside. Here is one riding school, that offers horseback rides into nature.

www.reiterhof-hartung.de/angebote.html

another one a little bit out of your way close to Bad Wörishofen:

www.wanderreiten-ostallgaeu.de

Karlsruhe, Germany
Destination Expert
for Baden-Wurttemberg
Level Contributor
10,130 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Horsebackridning in Bavaria Alps, Germany

No decent riding school will rent out horses by the hour to strangers about whose riding skills and behaviour towards the animals they know nothing. They will expect you to join lessons.

If you just want to pick up a horse and ride into nature on your own, yhat you'd be looking at are the most low-key places - and I am always hesitant about them because I wonder how well they treat their horses.

München
Level Contributor
488 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Horsebackridning in Bavaria Alps, Germany

The recommended are guided tours and I think that is what you are looking for.

Here another one in Wangen im Allgäu:

derfreiberger.de/deutsch/angebote/gefuehrte_…

or in Weiler im Allgäu (about 50 km from Füssen)

www.fn-reitschule.de

Have fun

Coconut Creek...
Level Contributor
25 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Horsebackridning in Bavaria Alps, Germany

Thank you so much for all the suggestions. My teenagers know about horses because they volunteer at a stable in Florida once a week and they have been doing this for 2 years. They are looking to have a nice horseback riding experience in Europe. I appreciate the time you have taken to answer me.

8. Re: Horsebackridning in Bavaria Alps, Germany

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 March 2015, 05:27