We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

train munich to stuttgart then to heidelberg

Australia
Level Contributor
378 posts
80 reviews
Save Topic
train munich to stuttgart then to heidelberg

My husband and I will be flying into Munich in December to visit the beautiful Christmas markets. We intend to stay a few days in Munich then take the train to Stuttgart, stay for a few nights and then train to Heidelberg.

I just need advice on train travel to these areas :

1) Is there a a recommended train company

2) Where would we catch the train from in Munich, and where in Stuttgart would we get off. We are staying in main area of Stuttgart.

3) Where would we catch the train from in Stuttgart, and where in Heidelberg would we get off. We also hope to stay in the main area of Heidelberg.

Once I know this I can then work out how long the trips are between places.

Thank you for your time.

Regards Bells

Cologne, Germany
Level Contributor
519 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: train munich to stuttgart then to heidelberg

Your recommended train company is of course Deutsche Bahn. Their website (www.bahn.de) has an English language option and answers all your questions. For these 3 destinations you would probably go from central station to central station, depending on the location of your hotels, you might want to take local trains like S-Bahns to get to the central stations. Those are also operated by Deutsche Bahn.

Australia
Level Contributor
378 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: train munich to stuttgart then to heidelberg

Thank you Aichberger I will have a look at that website. I really appreciate your reply. Thanks again.

Mannheim, Germany
Destination Expert
for Zurich, Mannheim
Level Contributor
13,710 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: train munich to stuttgart then to heidelberg

There are no "recommended" train companies as the train network is run by the German National Railways (DB) - there is no competition, at least not of the sort you would be aware of as an end user. All trains leave from and arrive at the respective main station (Hauptbahnhof) of the respective city

4. Re: train munich to stuttgart then to heidelberg

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 March 2015, 05:17