We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel from Basel Mulhouse airport to Freiburg by car

London
Level Contributor
10 posts
63 reviews
Save Topic
Travel from Basel Mulhouse airport to Freiburg by car

Hi,

I am landing at Basel Mulhouse airport this Easter, then hiring a car and travelling to Freiburg (Yes, would have preferred public transport, but have paid for a car hire deal which will lapse if I don't use it in time). We are staying there for 3 nights.

I was wondering rather than doing the straight journey to Freiburg, if there were any detours we could take during the day while still making it to Freiburg by evening.

Please let me know.

Many Thanks

Abhi

London
Level Contributor
10 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel from Basel Mulhouse airport to Freiburg by car

Any help guys?

Karlsruhe, Germany
Destination Expert
for Baden-Wurttemberg
Level Contributor
9,961 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel from Basel Mulhouse airport to Freiburg by car

Depends on your interests, but what I'd do is visit the Écomusée d'Alsace in Udenheim just north of Mulhouse: http://www.ecomusee-alsace.fr/fr/ - a museum village with historical houses, farm buildings, workshops etc., all fully equipped, various presentations of crafts, animals etc., and home to several dozen storks who should be nesting on the roofs by then.

Edited: 20 March 2014, 09:36
London
Level Contributor
10 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel from Basel Mulhouse airport to Freiburg by car

Many Thanks BlandineForberg, We have a 6 years old daughter. So, your suggestion sounds really good.

San Antonio, Texas
Destination Expert
for San Antonio
Level Contributor
2,225 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travel from Basel Mulhouse airport to Freiburg by car

you could drive to Rust and go to Europa Park.

London
Level Contributor
10 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Travel from Basel Mulhouse airport to Freiburg by car

Thanks wesheltonj

6. Re: Travel from Basel Mulhouse airport to Freiburg by car

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 March 2015, 05:15