We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Scenic train trips gottingen to berlin

Ottawa, Canada
6 posts
Save Topic
Scenic train trips gottingen to berlin

Are there tours from gottingen. To the Warburg castle? Merci

Berlin, Germany
Level Contributor
474 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Scenic train trips gottingen to berlin

I don't really get your question. Are you looking for guided tours from Göttingen to Eisenach (Wartburg castle) or for train trips from Göttingen to Berlin(like steam trains in the mountains etc.)?

The train connections from Göttingen to Eisenach with change in Bebra run in the Werra valley. So parts of it are scenic. But Wartburg castle is not into the direction of Berlin, if thats helps...

Ottawa, Canada
6 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Scenic train trips gottingen to berlin

Thanks. We're leaving basel for berlin by train. Just looking to break the trip up, 2 nights in gottingen and then on to berlin. Maybe a day trip to the castle. Any ideas?

What's your opinion on getting a eurrail pass vs. pay as you go?

Ottawa, Canada
6 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Scenic train trips gottingen to berlin

Any day trips from berlin that you would suggest? Merci

Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
36,940 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Scenic train trips gottingen to berlin

Instead of Göttingen I would recommend Erfurt as a stopover. Better preserved. And from there a day trip to the Wartburg is also easier (closer).

www.erfurt-tourismus.de/en/all-about-erfurt/

Ottawa, Canada
6 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Scenic train trips gottingen to berlin

Change of plans. Will travel zurich to lugano. May 1, have not been able to find reasonable accommodations. Plan on travelling to milan. Perhaps a pace in between that is not so expensive (2 people -private roo).

Suggestions for outdoor attractions please. Merci.

Berlin, Germany
Level Contributor
474 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Scenic train trips gottingen to berlin

I would recommend to open a new post with a title that fits to your destinations and in the forum which fits to the country. By the way, Switzerland will be much more expensive than Germany...

Ottawa, Canada
6 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Scenic train trips gottingen to berlin

Thank you. Still I the planning stage. We will be in Berlin 4 nights ,no car. Thinking of getting a 3 day rail pass. One day zurich to berlin. Please suggest two other day trips by train start and end berlin. You've been very helpful. Any canada questions that I could help you with?

8. Re: Scenic train trips gottingen to berlin

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 April 2015, 05:16