We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

travelling to southern Germany, Black Forest, Europa Park

Pembroke, Malta
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
travelling to southern Germany, Black Forest, Europa Park

Hi. My wife and I, along with our three children aged 10, 12 and 3 are thinking about travelling to Germany this July. We are planning a trip of about 12 days and would love to visit places like the Black Forest, Europa Park and the Rhine Falls. As many of you may know, travelling with three kids isn't that easy so we will be renting a car to be able to get to more places as quickly and as safely as possible. I was wondering if any of you had any suggestions as to where would be the best place to stay to be able to visit the above mentioned places. I was thinking perhaps Mulhouse, Freiburg or Baden Baden? Also, I would be greatful for any other places of interest you might know about within reasonable driving distance that would be interesting for kids.

Thanks in advance for your kind time and help

Freiburg im...
Level Contributor
2,635 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: travelling to southern Germany, Black Forest, Europa Park

I would imagine your kids would enjoy staying on a farm ?

www.urlaub-bauernhof.de/index.shtml…

Give as "Lower Region" Kaiserstuhl, Ortenau, Breisgau-H, Emmendingen or Markgräflerland.

Breisgau-H, Markgräflerland and Emmendingen are good starting points for e.g. the Alsace, the Vogtsbauernhof, the Europapark or the Rhine Falls.

http://en.vogtsbauernhof.de/

Mulhouse in France has some very nice museums (car, train)

tourisme-mulhouse.com/en/cite-de-lautomobile…

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Stuttgart, Baden-Wurttemberg
Level Contributor
14,744 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: travelling to southern Germany, Black Forest, Europa Park

Read what I wrote in #1 of tripadvisor.com/…49932873 for ideas of things to do close to the NE from there. I definitely recommend that drive which is my favorite drive in Germany near the bottom of the page, and especially if Biberach's Schuetzenfest will be on then.

greeley, CO
Level Contributor
2,664 posts
427 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: travelling to southern Germany, Black Forest, Europa Park

Sommerrodelbahn (toboggan) at gutach. See www.bensbauernhof.com

Edited: 18 April 2014, 15:04
Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
37,839 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: travelling to southern Germany, Black Forest, Europa Park

> I was thinking perhaps Mulhouse, Freiburg or Baden Baden?

As you'll have a car I would stay somewhere smaller than these 3. Freiburg is due its size not without rush hours and other traffic problems, Mulhouse has some sights but is otherwise not the nicest place. And Baden-Baden target groups are not young families.

As you plan to travel in July also somewhere deeper in the Black Forest as in the Upper Rhine Plain it can get pretty hot and humid.

Some further places of interest

leisure parks

black-forest-travel.com/leisure/leisure-park…

summer toboggans

black-forest-travel.com/leisure/summer-coast…

A visit of the Rhinefalls can be combined with Wutach Valley Museum Railway

black-forest-travel.com/places-of-interest/s…

http://www.sauschwaenzlebahn.de/

Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
37,839 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: travelling to southern Germany, Black Forest, Europa Park

An area to stay could be e.g. the Zweitälerland

http://www.zweitaelerland.de/

6. Re: travelling to southern Germany, Black Forest, Europa Park

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 April 2015, 05:17