We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train transport queries

Larnaka City, Cyprus
Destination Expert
for Larnaka District, Larnaka City
Level Contributor
1,057 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Train transport queries

I am trying to do the logistics from Frankfurt Airport to Heidelberg. I will be travelling by train with my 13 years old daughter.

On our way, we’d like to visit also Mainz (or possibly Wiesbaden?). I believe that I have figured out how to do it on the DBAHN Site, using stopovers. As I understand the standard ticket gives us FULL flexibility on the stopover duration, is this right?

On Mainz we have the option to choose either Hauptbahnhof or Roemisches Theater Station, which are, as I understand it, equally convenient for a leisure scroll around the city centre. Do both stations have lockers so to store our luggages and are there easy to find? Is there any other advantage of one over the other station?

The train fare covers the transport between FRA Airport-Mainz- Heidelberg Hauptbahnhof. From there we would need another ride to the apartment in which we will be staying. I suppose that for this one we would need to buy another ticket. Is there any other option to enable us get a combined ticket, ie to cover the cost for the transport within Heidelberg?

And finally, is seating Reservation required for the Mainz to Heidelberg leg of the journey?

1. Re: Train transport queries

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2015, 06:17