We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

small town?

London
Level Contributor
8 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
small town?

Dear all,

Can anyone recommend a small cosy little town close to Cologne where we can spend 3 days over Christmas. Thinking of renting a cabin or apartment. Cosy restaurants and pubs. True German?

thank you

Prittlbach, Germany
Level Contributor
574 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: small town?

How close is close and how small is small?

Koblenz maybe? Cochem (at the Mosel river)? Some wineries in the Rhine and Mosel valley do rent apartments or do some B+B accomodation. True german, whatever it means to you :=))

London
Level Contributor
8 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: small town?

thanks,

Never been to Germany so not totally sure where to over Chrismas. We are goiing to Cologne untill the 24th, but I have heared that everything closes over Christmas so I thought to go somewhere smaller and spent some quiet time over christmas. I'll have a look at your suggestions. Thanks for your reply and advice

Paradise, California
Destination Expert
for Rhineland-Palatinate
Level Contributor
6,733 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: small town?

Monschau is a gorgeous little town not terribly far from Cologne - just south of Aachen - where you could enjoy some relative solitude.

www.monschau.de

4. Re: small town?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 August 2009, 00:18