We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Schwarzwald-Hotel Gengenbach Room Styles

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
120 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Schwarzwald-Hotel Gengenbach Room Styles

Hi,

Has anyone stayed at this hotel that can give me a bit more info on the room types? I have asked the hotel and they've told me there's a double room, a junior suite, and an apartment and told me to look at the website for details, but I can't find any more detail other than price (on the English version of the site at least).

I would like to know beds, facilities, etc. and which is most suitable for 2 adults and 2 kids (10 & 11 year old).

Thanks....

Karlsruhe, Germany
Destination Expert
for Baden-Wurttemberg
Level Contributor
9,404 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Schwarzwald-Hotel Gengenbach Room Styles

Could you please provide the link to that website...?

Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
36,574 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Schwarzwald-Hotel Gengenbach Room Styles

room

schwarzwaldhotel-gengenbach.de/…de.html

prices

www.schwarzwaldhotel-gengenbach.de/index.php…

- Children up to 12 years of age stay in their parents` room for free; The addition of a baby bed in the room costs 10.00 € per day

- A third person (13 years or older) in a double room with extra bed costs 18.00 € per day, including breakfast

I would interpret this that if you want an own bed for each child you have to pay extra - even if they are under 13 years. And 2 extra beds in a standard room won't work. Not at this hotel. Nor in most other hotels in Europe.

Edited: 19 February 2011, 09:58
Karlsruhe, Germany
Destination Expert
for Baden-Wurttemberg
Level Contributor
9,404 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Schwarzwald-Hotel Gengenbach Room Styles

Their website is not of much use indeed. No ewxplanations or photos of the different room types, there is only one room photothat probably shows a double room. (Amazing, the 10 € for the additional baby bed are only mentioned in the English, not the German website).

Kids up to 12 stay with their parents for free but that sounds as if they won't get an additional bed. Hm, strange.

I'd enquire with the hotel again. The website, also the one in German, is lacking a lot of necessary information.

Larnaka City, Cyprus
Destination Expert
for Larnaka District, Larnaka City
Level Contributor
1,024 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Schwarzwald-Hotel Gengenbach Room Styles

I could also suggest looking for an individual appartment for holiday rental, since this option would give you more space for the 4 of you instead of a hotel room.

We had visited the area last year and can assure you there are some lovely villages in the area and lot of options for accomodation of a family.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
120 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Schwarzwald-Hotel Gengenbach Room Styles

Thanks everyone, we opted for the double room with 2 extra beds and half board (apparently they will fit in the room - we may have to squeeze through the room though, ha ha).

At the end of the day the justification wasn't there to spend the more $$ on the apartment given that we plan to be out on long day trips and really just need somewhere comfortable to sleep.

This property being a short walk to the station and the town won be over as much as anything else - we had considered an independent apartment (and are using these at other places in Europe), but opted for the hotel on this stay.

Thanks again...

6. Re: Schwarzwald-Hotel Gengenbach Room Styles

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 October 2012, 19:16