We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How do get to the Black forest

Canberra, Australia
Level Contributor
24 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
How do get to the Black forest

Hi there

My partner and i will be traveling to Switzerland in early August 2013 and we would like to go to Black Forest because i love the clocks.

Can you please advise what is the quickest and cheapest way to get there from Switzerland and back? Is it worth staying the night or can the town be seen in a day?

Our aim is to see the beautiful scenery, eat yummy German food and buy a couple of clocks.

Thanks in advance! :)

Chula Vista...
Level Contributor
2,617 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How do get to the Black forest

Hi,

First, the Black Forest is a region in southwestern Germany, and not just a "town [to] be seen in a day." You could easily fill a whole week touring the region.

http://www.blackforest-tourism.com/

There's a German Clock Route that you may want to follow if you're up for driving through the Black Forest.

deutsche-uhrenstrasse.de/sofindensieuns.htm

And in Furtwangen, there's the German Clock Museum, which was quite fascinating.

www.deutsches-uhrenmuseum.de/default.asp…

You don't mention where in Switzerland you would visit the Black Forest from, and that may make a difference on recommendations on how to get there. Once in the Black Forest, my recommendation is to hire a car and drive yourself--you'll have the most flexibility--and I would recommend at least one night in the region.

Zed

Mentioned in this post
Germany
Germany
Europe
Furtwangen
Furtwangen
Baden-Wurttemberg, Germany
2. Re: How do get to the Black forest

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 May 2014, 06:18