We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Baden-Württemberg Ticket to Strasbourg

Bath, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2,045 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Baden-Württemberg Ticket to Strasbourg

Is the Baden-Württemberg Ticket valid for travel to Strasbourg in the same way it is valid on regional trains to Basel?

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Stuttgart, Baden-Wurttemberg
Level Contributor
14,947 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Baden-Württemberg Ticket to Strasbourg

Strasbourg is not included in the area of validity, so take a train to Kehl across the river and then either use local transportation to get there, or have already pre-purchased a ticket for a train between them.

A map of this ticket's validity-

bahn.de/regional/view/mdb/pv/deutschlanderle…

Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
38,846 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Baden-Württemberg Ticket to Strasbourg

You have two options

a) buy a train ticket for Kehl to Strasbourg before starting your trip (EUR 3,90). Than you can just stay seated in Kehl.

b) change in Kehl to the Strasbourg (CTS) city bus #21

www.cts-strasbourg.fr/LinkClick.aspx…

24 hours ticket is EUR 4,00. "24H TRIO" (24 hours ticket for 2-3 persons) is EUR 5,70.

Edited: 12 May 2012, 08:45
Bath, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2,045 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Baden-Württemberg Ticket to Strasbourg

Thank you both of you.

Assuming I start my journey at Stuttgart airport, do the Deutsche Bahn Fahrkartenautomaten allow for the Kehl - Strasbourg ticket to be bought at the airport?

Also, what time is the last bus of the day on route #21 from Strasbourg to Kehl? I ask as I am considering booking a hotel in Kehl as they are considerably cheaper than those in Strasbourg.

Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
38,846 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Baden-Württemberg Ticket to Strasbourg

Yes. You can buy this train ticket from DB ticket machines. You'll have to change the start point of course (as this will be Stuttgart Airport).

Bus #21 timetable

www.cts-strasbourg.fr/LinkClick.aspx…

Last bus from Jean Jaures to Kehl departs at 21:52.

Same time the 2nd last train departs from Strasbourg train station to Kehl. A big gap to the last one which departs at 00:05 and is at 00:15 in Kehl.

Stuttgart, Germany
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Baden-Württemberg Ticket to Strasbourg

Hi, thanks for nice advice. I wonder where we can buy 24h TRIO ticket?

Online? On machines in Kehl?

10q in advance

Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
38,846 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Baden-Württemberg Ticket to Strasbourg

You can buy it at below sales points for CTS (Strasbourg public transport) tickets:

- Zigarren (tabbaccoist) Baumert, Centrum am Markt, Kehl

- Zigarren (tabbaccoist) Baumert am Rathaus, Kehl

- Tourist- Information, Am Marktplatz, Kehl

From the information I found online there is no ticket machines selling CTS tickets in Kehl. And no idea if you can buy the ticket 24H TRIO from the bus driver or not.

Edited: 20 March 2013, 23:07
7. Re: Baden-Württemberg Ticket to Strasbourg

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 March 2014, 06:15