We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Suggestions along my route...please!

Grand Junction...
Level Contributor
119 posts
70 reviews
Save Topic
Suggestions along my route...please!

My daughter (21) & I arrive Strasbourg on the 22nd, overnight in Strasbourg before picking up a car in Kehl. We will then be spending 2 nights with family in Phalsgrafenweiler. I plan on driving down to Offenburg from Kehl and follow 33 to 294, eventually cutting over to Phalsgrafenweiler at Freudenstadt. I thought we would go thru/stop in Gengenbach (per TA suggestions) but am stymied from there. Suggestions of quaint/small places to visit or see are greatly appreciated.

I try to stay away from complicated city driving, love small towns and historical sights.

greeley, CO
Level Contributor
2,700 posts
464 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Suggestions along my route...please!

See the outdoor museum - Vogtsbauernhof in Gutach and try out the summer lounge (sommerrodelbahn) nearby.

Paradise, California
Destination Expert
for Rhineland-Palatinate
Level Contributor
6,476 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Suggestions along my route...please!

Nice places in that area besides Gengenbach include...

Schiltach: …panoramio.com/photos/large/33961926.jpg

Haslach: haslach.info/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/hasl…

Gutach: minigolf-gutach.de/rundumgutach/…L610016.jpg

More from Bavaria Ben's 2011 trip report:

minigolf-gutach.de/rundumgutach/…L610016.jpg

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Stuttgart, Baden-Wurttemberg
Level Contributor
14,843 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Suggestions along my route...please!

I guess you mean Pfalzgrafenweiler. By that route do stop for some time in Gengenbach, then at Hausach continue on Hwy 33 the short distance to the outdoor museum of Black Forest farmhouses which have been reassembled there from throughout the region. For me, it is by far the most interesting place to visit in the Black Forest. Return to Hausach and continue on Hwy 294 through Wolfach, Schiltach and Alpirsbach to Freudenstadt. Alpirsbach has an excellent monastery church. I would skip the brewery's restaurant there. Hwy 28 then will take you to Pfalzgrafenweiler. Later visit the lovely ridgeline town of Horb am Neckar and the small moated castle/palace at Glatt to the SW of there. Hwy 28 will take you further to the nice town of Herrenberg and a little further to our favorite town in Germany, Tuebingen. Nextdoor to it is the excellent well-preserved medieval Bebenhausen Monastery.

greeley, CO
Level Contributor
2,700 posts
464 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Suggestions along my route...please!

Luge, not lounge. Darn iPad corrections!

5. Re: Suggestions along my route...please!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 July 2015, 05:16