We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rotherma Spa - need details

Saxapahaw, North...
Level Contributor
460 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Rotherma Spa - need details

I'm considering visiting the Rotherma Spa specifically because both of my children will be allowed there. My son will be four and my daughter will be six. I'd like to know what to expect there and the website doesn't have all the details. Can we take a few hours to swim? Are the pools heated? It says something on the website about children being unable to go into the thermal pool because of health reasons and I don't really understand if that means all the pools or just certain areas.

My Mother will also be joining us, so she will watch the children while I receive a spa treatment, are the treatments similar to what I read about at Friedrichsbad?

Thanks!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
6,678 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rotherma Spa - need details

I don't know Rotherma but I have been to many "therme" in Germany, esp. Baden-Wurrtemberg. Most are not geared to children, although they accept them. There is one in Weinheim that has many children's areas, sort of an indoor water park

http://www.miramar-bad.de/erlebnisbad/

Although I realize it is not near to Gagenau.

Friedrichsbad is unusual; it is classic, older, and had a "circuit." Very adult. You might want to look into Caracalle Therme, very near to Friedrichsbad, both in Baden-Baden. Not too children-oriented, but there are some areas for kids.

http://www.carasana.de/en/caracalla-spa/home/

See also:

parkscout.com/state/…water-parks

tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g198541-d2…

Saxapahaw, North...
Level Contributor
460 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rotherma Spa - need details

Yes, most of them don't allow kids under 7, so this one will work for me, but I need to understand it more thoroughly before I decide if I will bring my children. Thanks though! I will check those links out. :)

Mainz, Germany
Level Contributor
9,249 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rotherma Spa - need details

The Rotherma website only states that children under 3 are not allowed into the pools - or the spa at all. The temperature of the thermal water there is 88-102°F. And I agree with NYNM that those traditional spa baths are very adult-oriented and probably not that much fun for kids...

Saxapahaw, North...
Level Contributor
460 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rotherma Spa - need details

Okay, thank you. I was under the impression that families went to the baths together, so thank you for letting me know. :)

Saxapahaw, North...
Level Contributor
460 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rotherma Spa - need details

The Badeparadies looks really great for my children. Not sure that it will be relaxing for me, but I'm sure my kids would love it. :) Thanks again for the link!

6. Re: Rotherma Spa - need details

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 January 2015, 06:31
Get answers to your questions about Baden-Baden
Recent Conversations