We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Heidelberg to Cologne/Frankfurt

Which Heidelberg hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Nova Scotia, Canada
Level Contributor
139 posts
57 reviews
Save Topic
Heidelberg to Cologne/Frankfurt

I'm wondering if anyone can give me info on the most efficient travel options using public transport from Heidelberg to Cologne and Heidelberg to Frankfurt. The preferred destination would be Cologne. Travel will be July 2013. In trying to check connections for July, I'm told it's not available yet, so I'm hoping some seasoned travellers can help me out. Thanks.

Mannheim, Germany
Destination Expert
for Zurich, Mannheim
Level Contributor
13,710 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Heidelberg to Cologne/Frankfurt

I do not understand your question the exact schedules are not yet available, no-one can look into the future and say what minor changes are expected in comparison to tomorrow or the day after. Just enter a closer date and look up the connections - there may be of course changes if a track closes for refitting and trains get rerouted, or an additional late night train added for a festival, or whatever other changes not yet released.

Nova Scotia, Canada
Level Contributor
139 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Heidelberg to Cologne/Frankfurt

Thanks!

Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
36,598 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Heidelberg to Cologne/Frankfurt

Train timetable is already online. You may have by accident selected a tram or bus stop as start/end point.

DB timeable

http://reiseauskunft.bahn.de/bin/query.exe/en

Start: Heidelberg Hbf

Destination: Frankfurt(Main)Hbf

Destination: Köln Hbf

Nova Scotia, Canada
Level Contributor
139 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Heidelberg to Cologne/Frankfurt

Much appreciated! Thanks!

London, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Heidelberg to Cologne/Frankfurt

I will be taking a train from Heidelberg to Köln in March. I will buy the ticket online at www.bahn.de. My friend advised me, "take the train that goes along the scenic route, following the Rhein river. it's slower but it's worth it." how can i tell on the booking site which trains take this scenic route and which do not?

Boppard, Germany
Destination Expert
for Boppard
Level Contributor
1,665 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Heidelberg to Cologne/Frankfurt

Look for connections via Mainz and Koblenz. On the bahn.de, you can enter these as immediate stops in "further search options"

IC trains from Mainz to Köln go through the valley. Try to get a seat on the right side of the carriage.

Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
36,598 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Heidelberg to Cologne/Frankfurt

To enforce the scenic route along the Rhine add "Koblenz Hbf" as a stopover.

DB timeable

http://reiseauskunft.bahn.de/bin/query.exe/en

Start: Heidelberg Hbf

Destination: Köln Hbf

Via (1): Koblenz Hbf

8. Re: Heidelberg to Cologne/Frankfurt

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 February 2014, 06:17