We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

museum sinsheim

Which Heidelberg hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
34 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
museum sinsheim

has any one been to the sinsheim auto and technik museum its near heidelburg.

I have three days in heidelburg and thinking of having a day there looks very interesting. that leaves me with only one full day to look around heidelberg.

Portland, Oregon USA
Level Contributor
2,637 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: museum sinsheim

One full day in Heidelberg is plenty.

There are two technical museums reachable from Heidelberg as day trips. The museum at Speyer and the one at Sinsheim. Google either and you can see the websites for both museums as the pages are linked.

Speyer also has an interesting town center.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
34 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: museum sinsheim

thanks for the info, I understand you can travel between the two museums sounds good to see one and go to speyer and have a look at the town.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Stuttgart, Baden-Wurttemberg
Level Contributor
14,362 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: museum sinsheim

If you go to Sinsheim you are very close to the excellent former imperial town of Bad Wimpfen ( www.badwimpfen.de ).

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
6,678 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: museum sinsheim

Heidelberg is a lovely city for walking, browsing, cafes, boat ride/train ride along river, etc. I believe it deserves at least two days (unless you just want to snap a camera shot of the castle).

Sinsheim is fairly close by (about half an hour via car or public transportation), and the museum is good. If you like technical museums, you may spend the full day. The museum in Sinsheim is devoted to transportation. There is also a good technical museum in Speyer, also about half-hour from Heidelberg more or less in the other direction.

Stuttgart, Germany
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
7,339 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: museum sinsheim

I have been to the museum in Sinsheim a couple of times. The range of cars is great and being able to climb into Concorde and the Russian version next to it is rather unique. There is also an Imax cinema and several places to eat.

6. Re: museum sinsheim

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 May 2015, 05:15