We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Supermarket open on a Sunday?

Larnaka City, Cyprus
Destination Expert
for Larnaka District, Larnaka City
Level Contributor
1,066 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Supermarket open on a Sunday?

We arrive in Heidelberg on a Sunday and we'd need some basics to fill the refrigerator of our appartment ie milk, cheese, yogurt and some bread. I understand that there is a " Rossmann Express" at the train station which is open on Sundays but is this a supermarket where I could find all of these products? If not is there any other place to do some basic shopping?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
6,678 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Supermarket open on a Sunday?

Yes, there are basic foods in the train station. There are also occasional ethnic food shops (Turkish for example) that are open on Sundays although they tend to be in the more suburban parts of HD. If you are renting an apartment, hopefully the owners can suggest places in the area.

Karlsruhe, Germany
Destination Expert
for Baden-Wurttemberg
Level Contributor
9,888 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Supermarket open on a Sunday?

Rossmann is actually a drugstore chain ("drugstore" in the sense of cosmetics and household articles, not pharmacy) but they seem to have basic food items, too. There is also a Yorma's, which is a small supermarket with a basic selection, and a bakery.

Larnaka City, Cyprus
Destination Expert
for Larnaka District, Larnaka City
Level Contributor
1,066 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Supermarket open on a Sunday?

Thank you all. As fas as I can see through Google maps there are Aldi, Penny, REWE Supermarkets in the area in which we shall be staying, so we 'll do the "major" shopping from there. Since these are open only on weekdays we need to have something till then, so I suppose Rossmann and Yorma's will do.

4. Re: Supermarket open on a Sunday?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 June 2015, 06:15