We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anniversary Dinner

Which Mannheim hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Mannheim, Germany
Level Contributor
222 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Anniversary Dinner

Can anyone recommend a nice restaurant for an anniversary dinner? Somewhere were you don't wear jeans, but also not a suit?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
6,678 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anniversary Dinner

We've been to a nice place on the Rhine at Bruhl, a bit south of Mannheim. I don't remember the exact name but it had something to do with ducks.

But if you want to stay in Mannheim city:

10best.com/destinations/…

tripadvisor.com/Restaurants-g187290-Mannheim…

virtualtourist.com/travel/Europe/Germany/Lan…

http://www.skyline-ma.de/

http://www.bootshaus.net/

…dorint.com/en/restaurant-tip-going-out-mann…

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Stuttgart, Baden-Wurttemberg
Level Contributor
14,185 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anniversary Dinner

For excellent restaurants look at tourismus-bw.co.uk/…233093.htm . On the map, after choosing restaurants, you can click on Mannheim to see their three Michelin-starred restaurants and further by clicking on their names you have access to their contact information and also possibly their homepage. There are also another two Michelin-starred restaurants nearby. Although for dinner in such a restaurant I personally would always wear a suit, for lunch standards may be more relaxed and the meal should also be considerably less.

Mannheim, Germany
Level Contributor
222 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anniversary Dinner

Thanks for the responses. We actually wanted something local, that was also very good - most online reviews are not too accurate in Mannheim - or the restaurants are not consistent enough to trust them.

We ended up eating at Christho's. Nice menu, great outdoor eating area and the best cheesecake in Mannheim - or even Germany! I'm even comparing this to my mother-in-law's cheesecake!

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Stuttgart, Baden-Wurttemberg
Level Contributor
14,185 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Anniversary Dinner

I'm glad that you found some excellent cheesecake, I'll have to keep that in mind although I was put out by an experience in one of Mannheim's better restaurants. I wanted to drink a local beer with lunch, but they didn't have any. They had a list of about 15 foreign beers listed on the menu, but when I start selecting them, they didn't have them. I ended up drinking Fosters, which I believe was their only beer!!!!!!!!

5. Re: Anniversary Dinner

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 December 2010, 05:16