We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport Shuttles?

Silver Spring...
Level Contributor
171 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Airport Shuttles?

Can you recommend an airport shuttle to get us to the airport for an early morning flight?

I did find http://www.airporttransfer24.de/ but the website is in German.

Mannheim, Germany
Destination Expert
for Zurich, Mannheim
Level Contributor
13,846 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airport Shuttles?

What do you describe as an "airport shuttle"? The usual method to get to the airport is either by train (S-Bahn from many stops in central Stuttgart) or a taxi.

Silver Spring...
Level Contributor
171 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airport Shuttles?

sorry, I should have been more clear. I'm looking for a car/van service to pick us up at my BF's home and take us to the airport for a 6:50am flight. We were told that since it was such an early morning flight that we should not depend on train.

Stuttgart, Germany
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
7,622 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Airport Shuttles?

Have a look at www.bahn.de for train times otherwise I think it is a taxi

Mannheim, Germany
Destination Expert
for Zurich, Mannheim
Level Contributor
13,846 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Airport Shuttles?

Is there any reason you cannot simply call a taxi to pick you up? Just call the taxi central the evening before and order a taxi next morning to your BF's home.

First train arrives at the airport at 5:52 - if you are traveling within EU and with hand luggage only it should be sufficient.

Silver Spring...
Level Contributor
171 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Airport Shuttles?

"Is there any reason you cannot simply call a taxi to pick you up? Just call the taxi central the evening before and order a taxi next morning to your BF's home.

First train arrives at the airport at 5:52 - if you are traveling within EU and with hand luggage only it should be sufficient."

No there isn't any particular reason that we don't just call a cab (I know it's a very simple thing). My BF (he's been in Stuttgart for 3 months) told me that right now when he takes a cab to go out he walks to a bus station and picks up the phone that calls a cab to come right to that location - it avoids the language barrier. We are taveling within EU and hand lugage only but I'm way toooooo anal to not plan in advance. Since there doesn't seem to be airport shuttles we will take a taxi to the airport.

Stuttgart, Germany
Level Contributor
123 posts
180 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Airport Shuttles?

There are not shuttles that have prescribed stops, it is all taxis.

I took the taxi many times to the airport, but I called and prearragned the pickup time and location (my house). The taxi company spoke English and it was no problem.

If you google flughafen shuttle stuttgart, then come up with a few pages, and hit translate this page, you will have some options.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Stuttgart, Baden-Wurttemberg
Level Contributor
14,750 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Airport Shuttles?

Local transportation options can be found at www.vvs.de . If we want to be driven to the airport we just phone a taxi service the night before. It will cost 25-30€ from central Stuttgart.

8. Re: Airport Shuttles?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 April 2011, 06:16