We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Frankfurt to Singelfingen loogistics.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
629 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Frankfurt to Singelfingen loogistics.

Have a 1.50 pm factory tour at Mercedes booked. Will travel to Stuttgart by DB from Frankfurt and need to drop off my luggage at my hotel in Stuttgart before heading to SIngelfingen. HOw much time should I allow in Stuttgart to drop off luggage (not 100% sure where I stay) and head to Singelfingen. I will be using public transportation I am not driving to Mercedes.

Is there a budget hotel near the main train station that anybody here can recommend?

Thanks.

Frankfurt, Germany
Level Contributor
5,139 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Frankfurt to Singelfingen loogistics.

Train travel from Frankfurt to Stuttgart takes about 2 hrs. check out Motel One at Lautenschlagerstrasse for accommodation.

For timetables and tickets go to www.bahn.de and switch to English. Town is correctly spelled Sindelfingen, it's important if you want to buy online tickets to get there.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Stuttgart, Baden-Wurttemberg
Level Contributor
15,046 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Frankfurt to Singelfingen loogistics.

www.vvs.de will have information for the local transportation system. The Sindelfingen stop of the S-1 is in a remote area, and although it's probably possible to get bus service from there, I would take the regional train (nice views as it doesn't go underground most of the way like the S-bahn) or S-1 instead to Boeblingen and then use a taxi from there as there should be some waiting and you're closer to the plant there, or possibly there are also buses from there. If you use that Motel 1 mentioned in the above, I would give yourself at least an hour to reach the hotel and deal with them and return to the train station..

Frankfurt, Germany
Level Contributor
5,139 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Frankfurt to Singelfingen loogistics.

I just noticed that tripadvisor links the wrong Motel One.

DO NOT book into the one in Heilbronner Strasse, there is another - better one - at Lautenschlagerstraße which is just a short walk from the station.

Edited: 27 February 2014, 22:43
Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Stuttgart, Baden-Wurttemberg
Level Contributor
15,046 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Frankfurt to Singelfingen loogistics.

Or if you're rushed for time, just leave your luggage in a locker at the train station, there are several areas with them. Then go to your hotel when you return back to Stuttgart.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
629 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Frankfurt to Singelfingen loogistics.

Thanks for the replies. I did check Motel One and they are full for the dates I need, any other suggestions for accomodation?

Also, can I buy a day pass for public transport in the Stuttgart area?

Thanks,

Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
39,037 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Frankfurt to Singelfingen loogistics.

You could try

http://www.hrs.com

or

www.stuttgart-tourist.de/en/search-book

Good would be a location close to the Hauptbahnhof (main train station) or Stadtmitte S-Bahn station.

If you run completely out of time store your luggage in one of the lockers at the Hauptbahnhof.

To get to the Mercedes customer center in Sindelfingen take the S-Bahn or a regional train to Böblingen. And from there the free shuttle bus (bus bay 9) to Mercedes customer center.

Day ticket public transport is EUR 10,10. To Böblingen/Sindelfingen you need the version for 3-4 zones. With 2 or more persons the mini group day ticket pays for.

vvs.de/en/fahrk_fahrkarten_einzeltages.php

Edited: 28 February 2014, 23:10
San Francisco...
Level Contributor
629 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Frankfurt to Singelfingen loogistics.

Have booked a train to Stuttgart, arrive just before 10 am. How frequent are the Mercedes buses for the S bahn stop? I plan on going to the hotel, check in/drop off luggage and then to Merc. Booked at the Rieker Hbf.

Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
39,037 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Frankfurt to Singelfingen loogistics.

Schedule for the buses from Böblingen Busbahnhof (Bussteig 9) [Böblingen bus station (bus bay 9)] to the Kundencenter (Mercedes-Benz Tor 8) [customer center (Mercedes-Benz Gate 8)]

pflieger.net/shuttle-zum-mb-kundencenter.html

9. Re: Frankfurt to Singelfingen loogistics.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 March 2015, 04:18