We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stuttgart to Prague.

Which Stuttgart hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Peachtree City...
Level Contributor
95 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Stuttgart to Prague.

We will be traveling Stuttgart to Prague on Saturday April 12. I have checked the DB Bahn website and there are ticket for the regional train, connecting with the bus for 29 euros. Do I need to pre buy tickets to get this price or can I wait and buy the tickets that Saturday when I arrive in Stuttgart? We fly standby so I like to leave my plans flexible when possible in case the flights go bad and we don't actually make it to Germany that day.

And one more question. I don't see the connection time to switch from train to bus. Will this become available when I actually purchase the ticket?

Thank you

Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
36,607 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Stuttgart to Prague.

> Do I need to pre buy tickets to get this price

Yes.

> or can I wait and buy the tickets that Saturday when I arrive in Stuttgart?

You want to travel on the same to Prague? The offered discounted specials (Europa-Spezial Tschechien) are latest available 3 days before departure. They are also limited in numbers, thus can sell out at any earlier point of time.

On spot you can only buy a standard fare ticket which is EUR 84,20.

The connection time is shown if you check out the details for a connection (click on the '>' symbol).

Don't forget to buy the ticket from Stuttgart Airport, not from Stuttgart to Prague.

DB timetable

http://reiseauskunft.bahn.de/bin/query.exe/en

Start: STR StuttgartAirport

Destination: Praha hl.n.

Peachtree City...
Level Contributor
95 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Stuttgart to Prague.

Thank you for the excellent info. I tried to do a dummy booking STR to Prague but it only allows a booking from Stuttgart HBF. We are planning on taking the S Bahn to the train station. I was able to see the complete itinerary by clicking on the symbol to the left of the journey. Thank you for that tip also.

One more question. Will these reservations give us a designated seat or is it open seating on the train and the bus? I started a booking but did not compete it yet so perhaps the booking of seats comes at the end of the actual booking process.

Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
36,607 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Stuttgart to Prague.

> I tried to do a dummy booking STR to Prague but it only allows a booking from Stuttgart HBF

How this? I see prices from "STR StuttgartAirport" (station name is "Stuttgart Flughafen/Messe") to Prague. And thus you can also buy a ticket from there for the shown price.

Seat reservation is on the bus from Nuremberg to Prague compulsory. Thus included in the shown price. Don't think that you can pick a seat, the system will do this for you.

With S-Bahn and RE (RegionalExpress) trains seat reservations are not possible. As you'll board these trains at there start station you should have no problems to find free seats.

Edited: 04 April 2014, 17:31
4. Re: Stuttgart to Prague.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 April 2015, 06:16