We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stuttgart restaurant for tonight (Tuesday)

London, United...
Level Contributor
32 posts
90 reviews
Save Topic
Stuttgart restaurant for tonight (Tuesday)

We are a young middle aged couple looking for a good German restaurant in Central stuttgart for tonight. We were planning to go to cube, but it is closed tonight. Budget irrelevant, cheap to expensive fine. Hoping for modern German or traditional German. Style of restaurant irrelevant if it has good atmosphere and food. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. We were recommended restaurant 5, but the reviews could be better.

Frankfurt, Germany
Level Contributor
5,133 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Stuttgart restaurant for tonight (Tuesday)

Have a look at Alte Kanzlei.

It's right next to Altes Schloss, they offer very good local dishes and excellent wine.

Stuttgart, Germany
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
7,622 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Stuttgart restaurant for tonight (Tuesday)

The hotel am Schlossgarten has a very good restaurant, better than Cube but without the view

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Stuttgart, Baden-Wurttemberg
Level Contributor
14,750 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Stuttgart restaurant for tonight (Tuesday)

Go to the Schellenturm in the last remaiing town wall tower in the Bohnenvirtel. They have a lovely garden to eat out in, but then you miss the nice experience of the actual tower itself. They serve mainly the traditional local Swabian food. Another restaurant nearby has very good food, Die Zauberlehrling. You'll enjoy both of them. If you'te willing to leave central Stuttgart and take the U-14 to one stop beyond the zoo, Wilhelma, the Kloesterle is in Stuttgart's (Bad Cannstatt's) oldest house which was a former convent, hence the name. An excellent Weinstube with the traditional local Swabian food in a wonderful atmosphere. This would be always my recommendation for a visitor to Stuttgart.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
14,750 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Stuttgart restaurant for tonight (Tuesday)

Well, where did you go and how did you like it?

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
15 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Stuttgart restaurant for tonight (Tuesday)

Please do tell cc1047. I am planning on a nice dinner for my wife and I after a sunday visit to the Mercedes Museum. All of the suggestions here sound great!

Inchicore, Dublin...
Level Contributor
1,077 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Stuttgart restaurant for tonight (Tuesday)

Hi,

let me just add the Restaurant at Solitude to the list. Especially in the evenings they serve traditional dinner situted in a castle and only 100m away from your table you have got a great view over the outskirts of Stuttgart.

Holger

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
14,750 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Stuttgart restaurant for tonight (Tuesday)

thestuntdummy,

What are you looking for in a restaurant?

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
15 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Stuttgart restaurant for tonight (Tuesday)

We are looking for a more traditional German (or local) meal that isn't too pricey (under 60 euro) for two people. I would prefer easy accessibility by car, so it doesn't have to be in the city. The Schellenturm looks like a wonderful option, but it is closed on Sundays. We are staying at the Le Meridien Stuttgart. Thanks!

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
14,750 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Stuttgart restaurant for tonight (Tuesday)

Catch the U-14 at a nearby U-bahn stop and take it north (your hotel sits between two of them ion this line). Get off at the next stop past the Wilhelma stop for the zoo,it ends in .....brücke, cross the street to the right and walk along the river heading in the U-bahns direction of travel a short distance to the first bridge, turn right and cross the river. Cross the next street and head diagonally to the right and there is the Kloesterle, an old half-timbered building that is Stuttgart's oldest house. It gets its name from being part of a former convent. It's a Weinstube that serves all the traditional local food and is quite good and has a lovely ambiance. When we lived in Stuttgart we would often use it for large personal events as well as just the wife and I dining there. There is a nice table a short distance up from the small stairway that is quite isolated from the rest of the restaurant but overlooks it if you would like something romantic. Stuttgart was founded on wine and horse-breeding (now it's horsepower), so a Weinstube remain faithful to these origins.

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
15 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Stuttgart restaurant for tonight (Tuesday)

Thanks!