We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lander Ticket Question

Singapore
Level Contributor
234 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Lander Ticket Question

Hello

May I know if I buy a Lander Ticket at Stuttgart Station to go to Metzingen, can I use the same ticket to go to Ulm later in the evening on the same day?

There are 4 of us.

Thank you.

Munich, Germany
Level Contributor
4,333 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lander Ticket Question

Yes, of course. That's what these tickets are for.

Be careful in Ulm, though. There is Ulm, which is still in Baden-Württemberg, and Neu-Ulm, which is right next to it (and will appear to you like the same city), which is in Bavaria already, where your ticket is no longer valid. So if you're planning to take and public transportation in Ulm itself, better ask someone whether you can still use your ticket.

Singapore
Level Contributor
234 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lander Ticket Question

That is quick..u r a gem :) thanks for highlighting that.

Singapore
Level Contributor
234 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lander Ticket Question

Hi Petra, noted u r from Munich, can I ask you another LT questions :))

On a Thurs, we will be going into Munich from Fussen and thought of buying another Lander ticket. But noted from the DB website that there is not much difference in price if we will just buy a point-to-point ticket (i.e. Fussen>>Munich). Do you see the advantage of buying a Lander Ticket or just a point-to-point ticket from DB site?

Thank u!.

Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
38,833 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Lander Ticket Question

???

Füssen to Munich standard point-to-point fare is EUR 25,50 per person. Thus EUR 51,00 for 2 persons. Bayern Ticket is EUR 27,00 for 2 persons.

And apart from this: Bayern Ticket covers also the buses in Füssen and to/from Hohenschwangau. And all local public transport in Munich (S-Bahn, U-Bahn, trams, buses). And it is a day ticket - valid till 3am next day.

While with a point-to-point ticket you can only travel from Füssen to any train (incl. S-Bahn) station in Munich. Single trip only.

Singapore
Level Contributor
234 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lander Ticket Question

Thank u..thank u... _/\_

Edited: 16 June 2014, 08:39
6. Re: Lander Ticket Question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2015, 06:16