We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Steiff Bears

U.K.
Level Contributor
40 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Steiff Bears

Hi., I would like to visit Ulm as I understand it is near to Giengen. Is Stuttgart the nearest airport and is there a hotel in Geingen?

Also is there a rail link from airport or bus to Giengen?

Thanking you in advance Elaine UK

Mannheim, Germany
Destination Expert
for Zurich, Mannheim
Level Contributor
13,846 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Steiff Bears

Do you stay in Giengen an der Brenz? Of course there is a rail link to Ulm. And of course there are hotels in Giengen - it is a midsized town.

See www.bahn.de for the public transit schedules.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Stuttgart, Baden-Wurttemberg
Level Contributor
14,749 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Steiff Bears

Giengen's website is www.giengen.de only in German. If you click on 3 for tourism, then Unterkunftsverzeichnis for fairly extensive hotel listings.

Stuttgart airport is the closest. From there a S-bahn will take you to the Hauptbahnhof (main train station) where you can continue on to Ulm to transfer to a train to Giengen. It is kind of a remote location, my sister-in-law lives nearby. With a car there are interesting places to visit nearby (Noerdlingen, Neresheim), but I don't know how accessable they are by public transportation.

Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
37,861 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Steiff Bears

DB timetable

http://reiseauskunft.bahn.de/bin/query.exe/en

To: Giengen

or

To: Ulm

To: Noerdlingen

To: Neresheim

U.K.
Level Contributor
40 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Steiff Bears

Thankyou everybody..

you have been very helpful and informative.

Kind regards

Elaine

5. Re: Steiff Bears

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 August 2009, 21:17
Get answers to your questions about Ulm